Chapter 29 - The Golden Museum

The morning was a blur for Caros Crow. Her body was aching in all the wrong places. She could hardly walk to the bathroom, washing her hair and taking a warm shower. It was half past ten, and Caros cursed, realizing she was already late for work.

She called Draylan Scarab to give her a ride and in 5 minutes flat, he arrived in a newly painted black Bentley Continental S1 and Caros opened the door and the it smelt fresh.

"I had the worst night. I couldn't go to sleep, at all." Caros complained.

Scarab smirked. "Definitely better than mine."

"Stop lying."

"I saw Amryk kill someone and he almost killed me. Then a teleporter who looked nothing like Jeremy Cofield take him away."

Caros went silent.

"Ok then, yours was worse, I admit. But have you logged it or reported it or some shit like that?"

Scarab held up a file.

"OK then."

"All of that happened at half two in the morning by the way."

Caros eyes widened. "Damn," she whispered. She looked around to see the Golden Museum, and Scarab parked right outside it as Caros got out of the Bentley.

They went down to the -6th floor and walked to the end of the corridor, where their offices were.

Scarab went into Caros's, and Caros looked confused.

"I'll explain." Scarab assured.

Caros sat down and Scarab pulled a chair opposite of her.

"So, when I was driving, I had a realization."

"As you do," Caros added.

"Amryk needs someone to yield the gun, for you can only have power to one supreme at a time, and they are definitely not going to let someone have that gun. So he drops the sword for the gun, which is useless, so we need to find out who he plans on taking the gun."

Scarab stared at the wall for a second.

"If I was Amryk, I would maybe go for a criminal, someone who perhaps helped him a while back. That's seems viable."

Now it was Caros's turn to stare at the wall.

"Avalon Prison!" Scarab exclaimed. "Amryk was locked up there before for some murder shit, so he would probably go there!"