Chapter 23 - The Industry of Stealing Knives

"Won't Caros notice?" Scarab reminded him. He should've kept it secret so Caros could rescue him, but then realized that Amryk would've killed her in an instant.

"Which is why we took her too." As soon as Amryk replied, a man with a beard the size of his chin and a moustache just fitting his lip, green eyes like Amryk, but this man's was lighter, and just enough hair for his head. His muscles were bulging strong, the type of person to break someone's nose with regular punch, entered the warehouse. He had her tied up, and still conscious, unlike Scarab, and her mouth duct-taped.

"Vayzen Crook." Scarab muttered. That was the name of the particular gentleman who kidnapped Caros. An esteemed member of the Diablerie, like Dagan Amryk, but he was hardly seen. He killed many, but not as much as his colleagues.

"How charming you know my name!" Vayzen remarked. He flung Caros to Amryk, then hurriedly left and drove off in his Hyundai.

Amryk explained everything to Caros, and she reluctantly nodded at every joke Amryk attempted. He took off the duct tape and she screamed in pain, then instantly stopped.

"So why am I a part of this?" Caros asked.

"I am aware of your wall-walking abilities. You can walk through the portal without being turned into a messy corpse. A very needed ability in this industry. So, off we go."

It was just dawn, and neither of them had gotten any sleep, but they felt as energetic as ever. Scarab realized it must have to do with his head pain, and continued following Amryk as he untied Caros.