Chapter 20 - The Island of the Broken Dawn

Anthrax waited for his gang to come up with another idea that hopefully worked. He needed that Knife and the power along with it, so he could lay and think, "Damn, my life is wonderful, and no measly idiot could say anything about it."

And so he waited in the Dark Palace, on the Island of the Broken Dawn, his abode, and his 5 other sheep, just playing as a pawn in his bigger plan.

On the table in front of Anthrax's throne were the five other members of the Diablerie, and no-one said anything until Dagan Amryk finally stood up.

"My King," He began. "Draylan Scarab does not have the knife, so our suspicions have been answered, and how right they were. Ever since he became a blood necromancer, channelling the power of the Acropolis, he has been referred to as the Killer of the Dark. You, my king, are the Lord of the Dark, and the rightful King of the Dark Spirits, and with that knife, oh your power will be unimaginable. And so, I say we spend our time trying to kill, or kidnap him, and his power and smarts will lead us straight to the Knife. He is the final piece of ruling this rugged world."

The other people at the table nodded at his idea, hoping it would work. He looked straight at Anthrax, and then Anthrax nodded.

He was going to kill Scarab. He was sure of it. But Amryk had bigger plans up his sleeve.