Chapter 22 - Treason

He loaded Scarab to the back of his truck, a new car seeing how Scarab blew his last one up, and then punched him, knocking him out on the first try. Amryk smiled. New record.

Scarab woke up to a warehouse, an empty one and his first thought was, Damn, my head hurts. His hands were tied up to a big pillar, and the warehouse was massive. He had no clue how someone got past here without pondering a thought. He could hardly remember a thing, his head was hurting, and it was hard for him to distract himself from it.

He looked around, trying to find Dagan Amryk, but his was hurting too much to move around that much. He eventually saw him, at the complete end, just staring into nothingness. Amryk finally noticed him awake, and screamed, "Oh, you're awake. Earlier than I expected, but sure."

He scurried along to him and pulled a chair from next to him, and sat down.

"Why do you want me?" Scarab managed to say.

"Ah. I thought you would have figured it by now. It's quite simple, really."

Scarab winced in confusion.

"Two reasons muddled into one actually."

Scarab was still confused.

"You can get me the Knife. You're the Killer of the Dark. You have the Power of Acropolis in your hand. You, with a little help, which I'll tell you later, can get me that Knife, and in return, I let you live."

Scarab still didn't say anything.

"Killer of the Dark? That's a metaphor, ain't it?" He finally asked.

"No, no it isn't. When you curled the Acropolis, you created so much power, you killed a Dark Spirit."

"How? I swear that shit is like thousands of times more powerful than me?

Amryk smiled.

"Exactly."