Chapter 15 - Running Errands

"Before we go to the Acropolis Portal, and most likely die, we need to go back to my office. I need to go do some research on that Amryk and the Knife." Scarab explained.

"Sure." Wolf agreed.

"Perfect, I need to do log up Karl's death anyways, confirm his identity, shit like that." Caros reminded.

They all sat in the Bentley, and drove the 2 hours back to the Golden Museum, went to floor 6 and they were greeted by Derek.

"Hey, Boss." Derek exclaimed. He was holding up Karl Sin Clair's death certificate, then handed it to Caros.

"Yo, who's the tall guy?" Derek asked.

"My brother, and were the same height for shit's sake!" Scarab screamed. His voice illuminated in the mask.

"Oh! I don't mean to be rude, but uh, your so different to your brother. Scarab's much stronger." Derek said as politely as he could.

Scarab, in that moment, realised how strong Derek was for a Case Report Officer. His shirt was baggy, almost as if he wanted to hide the fact he was strong. The way he walked was also very suspicious. He moved his right hand when walking, but his left remain still. He put a lot of pressure on his left foot, barely walking with his right.

Without trying to sound suspicious and accusing, he asked, "How long have you been here for?"

Derek moved his head ever slightly.

"About half a year. I got accepted last winter, but came here in September." Derek replied, feeling proud of himself.

Scarab grunted an "ok" sound.

"Ah well, we've all got errands to run, so off we go." Caros said, knowing Scarab was up to something.

They all walked down the corridor and Scarab pointed Wolf to go to Caros's office. Wolf nodded and followed Caros.

Scarab sat down at his desk, and searched up "DEREK ....." on his computer.

Three suggestions came up, and he clicked on the one one with Derek's photo on it.

DEREK HARRISON it said in dark letters.

It said what you'd expect for it to say, and Scarab was trying to find something to put him away in the coldest of prisons. He didn't like Derek.

It said he was an intern, so he did any job tasked to him. His day of acceptance was December 13th, a day in winter.

But like Karl, he also had Johnny Law breathing down his neck. He was arresting on the charge of assault and battery, but that wasn't it.

He assaulted non other than Jeremy Cofield.

It all started to link together. There was two option on what it was.

1, The crime was all bullshit, and he's an inside job for the Diablerie.

Or 2, The complete opposite. He was against the Diablerie, and tried to attack Jeremy.

But again, if he did just attack Jeremy, there was a guarantee Jeremy would've killed him. So number 1 it was.

Derek's a mole.