Chapter 28 - The Hidden Person

Draylan Scarab couldn't sleep. It was 2AM and he lay awake, not sleeping or didn't feel like he needed to. He then decided to get up and wear his finest suit, put on his mask, the one of a skull, in honour of his late friend, and went for a walk.

The streets of London were cold and quiet, well at least the sorcerer part, but Scarab didn't feel a thing in his velvet suit. He saw the occasional stray cat who didn't have anything to do with him, the odd car every ten minutes hurriedly driving to their depressing night shift at work.

The one strange thing he saw was a person. Two people, actually. It was strange for they weren't dealing drugs, the most normal thing you'd find on a dark night in England, but it was as if one was running away from the other.

Being a detective, Scarab took notice of this immediately, and started inconspicuously walking towards them. The man who looked like he was being chased was skinny, around twenty years old and a beard covering his chin, but no more. He wore a red hoodie, who in hindsight, looked like a drug dealer, but again, drug dealers won't scuffle about in the middle of the night, for it would attract the utmost attention, and it definitely caught Scarab's.

The man who looked like he was in pursuit of the hoodie man hid his face, using the darkness as his shield. Scarab couldn't see a thing, whether it may be his clothes or his face, it remained hidden.

He looked around, and Scarab ducked behind a car, staying out of sight. He then ran after the hoodie man, and in which, Scarab ran after the hidden person, still remaining unseen.

The hidden person then came to a halt, as did the hoodie man, and Scarab hid behind the building next to the alleyway they were in. Scarab returned to his original idea of a drug deal, but he was definitely wrong.

The hoodie man looked as if he couldn't move, and the hidden person staggered towards him. His hand suddenly filled with flames, and the hoodie man took notice. He was about to turn around but the hidden man let go of the fire, soaring into the hoodie man's stomach. He screamed and screamed until he stopped and didn't move. He was dead.

The hidden man looked back to see lightning flash between his eyes, and they came from the fingertips of Draylan Scarab. He ducked in time to miss the fatal strike, and in turn he responded with using the air to push Scarab back.

The hidden person was an Elemental, a sorcerer with the power to use the four elements at their disposal.

Scarab's right hand beamed with red energy, for he was the blood necromancer, one of the most powerful sorcerers ever.

The hidden backed away, and in that second a man appeared of nowhere. He held the person, then disappeared again.

Dagan Amryk.