Chapter 18 - Goodbye: Part 2

Scarab couldn't believe it. He beat the most powerful sorcerer in the world, well beat is a little too far, but he didn't lose. But then there was two problems: The Knife, and closing the Portal.

Caros stared blankly, still not knowing what was going on. Scarab hand burst with the red energy, and threw it at the portal. It didn't work. He tried pulling the energy, hoping it would close. He pulled it, and it closed on itself, shrinking to the size of a pen. He tried manipulating the red energy on the wall, but it didn't work. As much as he tried, it didn't shrink anymore.

He hoped a Dark Spirit wouldn't notice, but then realized how absurd that sounded.

"Draylan, I know what to use." Caros gulped. "A powerful ball of energy, surrounding the portal, so if anyone tries to get in or out, they'll die immediately."

Scarab knew what she was going to say. "You want me to burn my dead brother's hand, to create a gist, then it would save the world. " Scarab replied.

Caros nodded. Scarab winced and gave it a thought, then realized what he had to do. His hand burst with red energy, and closed his eyes as he threw it at Wolf's hand. His hand created a gist, but the bottom of it was turning into ashes as quick as a flash.

Caros pushed his hands to what was left of the portal, and the portal turned blue, then caused a mini explosion.

Caros and Scarab were flung back, hurt, but not as hurt as they thought. Scarab looked at the Marble Wall. The portal was gone. He saved the world, but at what cost. The cost never seeing his brother again. His body was disintegrated by his own gist, and the portal, and Scarab stared at his lifeless brother.

"Goodbye, Wolf." he said. "Goodbye."