Chapter 37 - Albany Street: Part 2

They didn't know where they were going, but Caros expected Scarab to know. He went through unfamiliar roads to Caros, and the unfamiliar became familiar to Scarab. They passed through quiet houses, curious people wondering why a man with a skull mask was driving such a nice car, and others not caring at all.

Caros was wondering where on earth they were going, but she felt asking would be too pushy . The more the car moved, the more confused she became. Alas, she did not ask why, or ponder at all on the reason of where she was going.

He pulled over at a neighbourhood, a regular neighbourhood it seemed, and Scarab ordered her to get out. They walked along the street until they finally stopped at number 92.

"This is where Kryfan Ray held me hostage. He kidnapped me at the coffee place -" Scarab started, but was interrupted.

"Which one?"

"The one I always go to, Inradin's."

"Oh. Yeah, go on."

"As I was saying, he kidnapped me at Inradin's, then loaded me up on a pickup truck and git to this sketchy turf. Number 92, Albany Street."

Scarab walked towards the door.

"I don't know how he opened the door. I'm pretty sure it was unlocked." Scarab tried to open it, but the door didn't budge. He tugged and tugged until he finally gave up.

"Caros, you try."

She shrugged and tried to pull the door, but like Scarab failed. He looked around the door, then Caros felt a smile underneath his mask.

"I know that face. You just figured out something, didn't you?"

"I know how to open the door."

"And how is that?" Caros asked.

"You. You're an Elemental. So is Kryfan. This is the only door on the street with no door hinges. Pretty big giveaway. He used the Earth Element to push this door open, which is why he didn't have keys."

"Ah." She formed her fingers into fists, and moved her right hand down. The door fell and collapsed at the speed of her moving hand. Scarab ran in to see the house filled with flames. And one man at the root of it all.

Dagan Amryk.