Chapter 14 - Family Reunion

Scarab managed to get some sleep, and explaining why he was late to work was a whole different matter. They didn't really believe an assassin came after him and killed 30 people.

Caros had the same reaction.

"So, where do you reckon the Knife is?" Caros asked, putting that fiasco to the side.

"Exactly where the Diablerie think. The Acropolis Portal." Scarab answered.

"And why the shit would you believe that?"

" Where else could Kharatak's knife go?" Scarab asked, pointing to his mask. "And I know just who to ask to help us, my brother!" he screamed.

"He hates me!" Caros remarked.

"You did break his coffee mug."

"Whatever."

They got into his Bentley, and started the two hour drive to Birmingham. They knocked on number 6, and Scarab was eagerly waiting to see his brother after 4 years. The door opened, and a 5'11 man, with no beard and slight black hair came out.

"Caros, how are you? Break any more mugs." He laughed. "Who's this?" he asked.

"Draylan."

His face dropped, and he hugged Draylan as hard as he could.

"Since when do you wear that mask?" the man queried.

"Since I lost a dear friend, Wolf." Scarab replied.

"Damn, it's been a long time. How long, like 3-4 years?"

"Exactly."

"So, I guess you didn't come over to say hi, did ya?"

"Sadly, no. I'm hear to ask you a question. How do we kill a Dark Spirit? You're a scientist, ain't ya? Please! I need to know."

"Well, the best I can do is to give you this." He said, holding a gun. It was a Desert Eagle, but looked light and easy to shoot.

"Thanks."

"Anything for me?" Caros chimed in.

Wolf rummaged through some things in a box.

"This is pretty good." He held up a black glove. "This grants you the power of Necromancy, but it's pretty shit. If you train really, really hard, you might kill someone in like, 3 seconds. But for now, it can only one-shot someone if you charge it up for a really long time."

She smiled.

"Guess I owe you two coffee mugs now."

"Bye." Scarab said, then stared at him for a few seconds.

"Wait!"

"What?" Caros asked.

"Another Gist couldn't hurt," he said, his hands full of blue energy. A gist was a sorcery that create balls of energy and kill someone as soon as the gist touches them.