Part 45

Sitting beside Lisa, Y/N notices that Lisa, so innocently averts her gaze from Y/N for the time being as she hears Sana's laughter coming from the ground at her feet.

In the next moment, they've all pushed themselves up, sitting in spots around the various couches and chairs lining the area. All except for the two girls that still sit on the ground near her feet.

Y/N holds onto Nayeon's hand, pulling it into her lap as she leans into Lisa's side. Her legs come up to rest across the elder's own, smiling faintly as she feels her wrap an arm around them soon after. Even Lisa's arm wraps itself around her, pulling her that much closer into Lisa's side for the moment as she finds herself relaxing beneath their touch.

Still, that pebble of hers rests in Y/N's free hand.

Sparing a glance downwards, that's when Y/N notices that Mina still sits on the floor in front of her.

Mina faces towards Y/N, resting her arm against the side of the couch as it supports her chin. The way Mina tenderly looks up at her has her placing her stone onto her thigh for a brief second in order to reach out and caress the side of Mina's face.

Mina leans into her touch, eyes fluttering shut as she feels Y/N's thumb stroking gently over her cheek.

"I could tell all she ever wanted was you," Y/N's voice is a bit smaller than before as she continues to recount the events that transpired while they were gone. "No one else matters more to her than you."

A pointed line from Miyeon echoing throughout all of their minds has them inhaling sharply.

"Sure, she would take all of you in the end," Y/N said, keeping her tone low as she dives back into those emotions once more. "If only to prove that she could. Yet, it was always you she desired above all else. Until the very end."

"I would never have let her have me," Mina replies, staring deeply into Y/N's eyes. "Not in a billion years."

Y/N smiles sadly, "She wasn't going to give you a choice."

Before they can even ask her to elaborate further, they are dropped back into her memories. The pain alone that they can feel echoing through her past thoughts has all of their chests squeezing tightly in response. Already, Y/N was hurt so badly, and she still had to endure everything else that Miyeon had in store for her.

The moment Y/N flings herself in front of Jennie's art room, their breaths are hitching in their throats. Though, none are as loud as the artist herself.

"Hon," Jennie's voice trembles as she stares at Y/N from across the table.

Y/N sit nearly diagonally apart from her, gaze fixated on that stone now back in her hand as her thumb traces over every little bump and crevasse.

Nothing could have prepared Jennie for the ferocity in which Y/N had tried to protect her space. The sheer desperation Jennie can hear in Y/N's voice, even after she continuously gets the wind knocked out of her by being smashed through the door has a feeling unlike ever before swirling in Jennie's chest.

"She tore everything apart without a second thought," Y/N's eyes squeeze shut, fresh tears lining her lashes as she attempts to keep them at bay for now. "I tried to stop her, hon. I really did."

"I know, hon," Instantly, Jennie's right beside Y/N, kneeling on the ground as Mina moves the slightest bit over to give her some space. "I know."

"She desecrated everything you worked so hard on," A heart wrenching sob tears from Y/N's chest, and she cannot bring herself to open her eyes to even look at Jennie for the moment.