Part 42

Miyeon,” The low gasp of the demon's name falling from Y/N's lips is synonymous with the way Ymir lets out a threatening hiss beside her.

Three things happen then, simultaneously. 

In an instant Y/N went to reach out to all eight of them within her mind, it feels as if a glass case is slamming down over her void. No matter how hard she tries to break through, the invisible wall prevents her from being able to contact any of them.

The black water of her void ripples against this barrier, splashing against the sides as panic begins to seize her entire body.

Her only way to contact them has now been cut off.

All while this was occurring, Ymir had lunged at Miyeon. 

Too easily, Miyeon deflects the cat's attack. An invisible force knocks Ymir back, slamming her into the wall quite harshly and causing a loud cry to escape her. As soon as Ymir hits the floor, she attempts to stand back to her feet, only for that invisible force to begin crushing her sides. 

No!” Without thinking, Y/N attempts to reach for Ymir in the next second, seeing the cat struggling to breathe as more whimpers escape her little body.

The next moment, Y/N feels herself being slammed against the wall, a hand digging into her throat and cutting off any and all air to her lungs.

Miyeon’s nails dig so harshly into her skin, that she can feel the trickles of blood beginning to drip down the side of her neck where the demon's nails puncture her skin.

Ah-ah, none of that,” Miyeon tuts, shaking her head as she meets Y/N's gaze. “Don’t go ruining our fun before it’s even started, Love.

The way she mockingly draws out the nickname has disgust flooding Y/N's veins. The glare she sends Miyeon way is deadly, but it seems to only amuse the demon for the time being.

A moment of silence passes as Miyeon eases her hold on Y/N's throat just the slightest.

“I can’t have you dying on me just yet,” Miyeon grins, nails still harshly digging into her skin. “I have much planned for you.

Y/N blink, yet nothing happens. Still, she hears the muted whines of Ymir in the background, becoming less and less frequent the more time passes. 

Y/N's heart absolutely aches for the cat right now. All Ymir wanted to do was defend her, and she ended up getting hurt. If only Y/N could reach out and contact at least one of the girls to inform them of her situation, but that damn glass wall keeps blocking her every attempt.

Faintly, Y/N hears Miyeon curse, looking to the side, “Damn warlock,” she hisses, releasing her hand from Y/n's throat. “I knew she would end up being good for nothing. Can’t even get us out like she promised.”

Immediately, Y/N starts coughing, gasping for air. She attempts to move away, but the glint of a dagger suddenly held to her throat has her freezing in her tracks.

Well, since that good for nothing warlock’s magic doesn’t seem to be working, looks like I’ll have to improvise.” Miyeon sighs. “So much for the manhunt I had planned.”

“I’m not playing any of your stupid games,” Y/N went to shove Miyeon off of her, but the demon barely moves an inch.

“You think you have any power here?” Miyeon laughs, pressing the blade that much further into Y/N's skin, and drawing a faint trickle of blood as the edge slices her throat. “You’re dumber than I thought.”