Chapter 22 | Skin

Hey Guys!

Happy Tuesday, I hope your week is starting off well!  Enjoy this chapter!

Thoughts on where Amelia and Steve's relationship is headed.

Shout out to Jesse_Winter_Soldier  and  Talia-Rumlow for being absolutely amazing cheer readers!

Happy Reading!

-Sif

{This chapter is named after Skin by Rihanna}

Brock maneuvered the sleek black car through the early morning streets of Miami, the sun casting a warm glow over the vibrant city

Brock maneuvered the sleek black car through the early morning streets of Miami, the sun casting a warm glow over the vibrant city. Tall palm trees lined the roads, their fronds swaying gently in the morning breeze. Amelia, in the backseat, was absorbed in her work, firing off a quick email on her phone while simultaneously sending a text to Tony to check on Teddy.

Darcy sat beside Amelia, her eyes wide with excitement. The cityscape shifted from skyscrapers to palm-lined boulevards as they approached the heart of Miami. The scent of saltwater lingered in the air, a reminder of the city's coastal charm.

"Holy smokes, did you know there's a Starbucks on every corner here?" Darcy exclaimed, peering out the window. "This place is so different from New York or D.C. I love it!"

Brock took his eyes off the road for a second, looking in the rearview with a smirk, then back to the road, " Miami knows how to keep everyone caffeinated." He chuckled.

Amelia snorted, lifting her eyes from the phone. "Welcome to the magic of Miami. You're in for a treat."

As the car approached the meeting location, the urban scenery transformed into a business-centric environment. High-rise buildings dominated the skyline, showcasing Miami's thriving corporate landscape.

Amelia set her phone aside and glanced at Darcy, her eyes filled with amusement. "See, I told you everything was better during the day," she said, smiling as Darcy looked out the window, looking like a kid in a candy store.

After they had all settled on the private jet, Darcy told them yesterday that she had never been to Miami or California, for that matter.

Darcy nodded eagerly. "Yeah! It's like a whole different world."

Amelia leaned back, a smile playing on her lips. "Just wait until the company goes out for dinner tonight. You're going to love it," The car smoothly merged onto the highway, heading toward their destination.

"Have I told you that you're my favorite boss lately?" Darcy says.

Brock chuckled from the front seat, mumbling "kiss ass" under his breath.

In the midst of the bustling Miami traffic, the sleek black car suddenly stalled. Seizing the opportunity, Amelia reached up, delivering a swift slap to the back of Brock's head. In response, he retaliated with a defiant middle finger.