Chapter 12 | Knock On Wood

Thanks for being patient while I've been on a mental health break; I needed some time. I'm still going to limit my time, my son is starting preschool next month, and I just wrapped up my fourteen-week certification course. So I need a minute to breathe, lol 

But I'm back and ready to share with you what I've been working on! 

Check out my new ficlets if you haven't yet!
Between Books and Shields: A Librarians Encounter with Captain America. AND Sweet Heat.

I hope you enjoy this smutty chapter full of feels! Let me know what you think!

Happy Reading!

-Sif💋

This chapter is named after Amii Stewarts Knock On Wood

As they arrived, they were greeted by an exquisite sight—a magnificent, grand two-story house in an alluring shade of pale blue, almost resembling pure white

As they arrived, they were greeted by an exquisite sight—a magnificent, grand two-story house in an alluring shade of pale blue, almost resembling pure white. The house boasted crisp white trim and perfectly defined edges, complemented by a sleek gray metal roof that added a touch of modernity. Steve found himself momentarily overwhelmed by the sheer beauty of the house; he wasn't sure where to look first. The wide black front door was a striking centerpiece, inviting guests into the luxurious home. On either side of the entrance were thick, prominent white beams, adding a sense of strength and elegance to the overall appearance. The balcony on the second floor overlooked the front of the house, offering a beautiful view of the vibrant, lush green grass, the native trees, and the pink flowers in the round gray stones trimmed beds. Steve's eyes wandered to the terrace, where an intricate latticework of railings adorned its edges, displaying exquisite craftsmanship. To the right of the house, a spacious two-car garage stood, while on the left, a singular garage added to the overall symmetry of the design. The attention to detail and architectural craftsmanship throughout the property left Steve in awe, calling attention to the careful thought put into every aspect of its creation.

The inside of the four-bedroom, five-bath home was as beautiful as the exterior. The foyer was breathtaking, with a fresh white painted board and batten base, thick trim, and light gray walls. A rectangular mirror with an intricate metal frame hung on the wall over a backless bench with long spherical blue pillows. A long white crisscross pattern rug ran along the dark walnut floors; a baby grand piano sat just off to the left, nestled in the corner under the staircase in front of a big window. The staircase was beautifully crafted, with ten steps, a white base, and walnut steps, a small landing where a large potted plant sat the blue in the design of the pot, making it pop against the white board and batten, then turning to the right another ten steps another landing, right again up ten more steps and you're on the second floor. All the way up, the handrail was made up of different angled white wooden rectangles with a dark banister. A three-foot-long tube-shaped chandelier with gold wire accents hung just on the other side of the railing, adding more to an aesthetically pleasing entryway.