Chapter 28| The Reaper

Happy Monday!
I hope your week is starting good!
Sorry, it's been a hot minute since I've posted.

Happy Reading!

-Sif

On a brisk autumn morning, Steve geared up for another day on campus

On a brisk autumn morning, Steve geared up for another day on campus. He secured his helmet and slung his backpack over his shoulders before mounting his motorcycle. The engine rumbled beneath him, the crisp air sending shivers down his spine as he savored the calmness of the morning.

Before hitting the road, Steve indulged in a hearty breakfast of bacon, eggs, and waffles to energize himself for the busy day ahead. He'd even got a surprise phone call from his mother, as she shared her excitement about visiting for Thanksgiving.

Steve sat at his kitchen island, savoring his breakfast while mindlessly scrolling through TikToks on his phone. Just as he was about to take another bite, a familiar name popped up on his screen: "Mom - FaceTime."

Quickly setting down his fork, Steve answered the call with a warm smile. "Hey, Mom!"

His mom's face lit up on the screen. "Hey, sweetie! How's my favorite son?"

"I'm your only son," he rolled his eyes

Sarah laughed, "But my favorite nonetheless," her blue eyes scanned over his features. "You look, good sweetie, how's school?" she asked.

"Pretty good," he said sipping his coffee. "I'm sorry I haven't called that often, I've been buckling down Fury says I need to stay focused this year with my schedule and I'll only have to do two summer classes to graduate."

Sarah beamed at that, "Oh Steve, I am so proud of you!" she gushed. "Oh, I almost forgot!" she laughed. "Mark and I are flying in for Thanksgiving this year! We thought it would be nice to spend the holiday together."

Steve's eyes widened in surprise, a mix of excitement and anticipation bubbling up within him. "That's great, Mom! I can't wait to see you both."

"We can't wait to see you too, honey. Do you have any plans for Thanksgiving?" Sarah asked as she moved about her house.

Steve hesitated, unsure of his plans for the holiday. "I'm not sure yet, Mom. But I'll make sure to clear my schedule so we can spend some quality time together."

Sarah nodded, her smile unwavering. "Sounds like a plan, sweetheart. We'll see you soon love you, baby."

"Love you too, Mom," Steve replied.

It was nice to catch up with his mom, since school started he'd been busy with a full roster he wanted to stay on top of work. Which meant his social life had dwindled down to school friends and Amelia.

Before taking off Steve shot off a quick text to Amelia, telling her that he loved her and was heading to class. Steve revved the engine and set off into the cool fall morning, eager to start his day.