Chapter 24| Simple Man

Hey guys!

I hope everyone had a good Christmas! And I hope you have a safe and happy New Year! 🖤

Shout out to Talia-Rumlow for cheer reading for me! Thank you! Thank you! And Jesse_Winter_Soldier For being the best soundboard! 🖤🖤

Enjoy!

-Sif

{This chapter is named after Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd}

As Amelia drove into the New York Zoo parking lot, Teddy's excitement bubbled over

As Amelia drove into the New York Zoo parking lot, Teddy's excitement bubbled over. The vibrant entrance of the zoo greeted them with colorful banners and the lively chatter of visitors. The sun hung high in the sky, casting a warm glow over the surroundings.

"Mom, are we gonna see lions first? Or maybe giraffes? Can we get ice cream, too?" Teddy fired off questions, his eyes wide with anticipation. As Amelia parked the car, she grabbed her Ray-Bans and slid them on before reaching into the passenger seat to grab her over-the-shoulder purse, then climbed out of the car.

Amelia chuckled, "We'll see everything, Teddy, and ice cream is a must." She responded, opening his door and letting the excited boy out.

Teddy's eyes sparkled, "Yay!" He exclaimed, jumping out of the car. Teddy's enthusiasm reached new heights, "Is Steve coming too, Mom?"

Amelia hesitated, then gently replied, "No, sweetheart. Steve's busy today."

Teddy's face fell, "Oh, why?"

Amelia tried to find the right words, "Well, sometimes grown-ups have things they need to do," she explained, though it was a lie. It's not that Amelia didn't want to invite Steve, but she wasn't sure how Teddy would handle it. While he's done well with Steve thus far, this is an annual trip for them. And yes, Brock is bringing Owen, but that's Uncle Brock's boyfriend. It's different with Mom's boyfriend. "But we're going to have an amazing time together, just you, me, Uncle Brock, and Owen."

Teddy perked up, "Uncle Brock and Owen?" he questioned excitedly. "I like Owen; he's nice."

Amelia smiled, relieved that Teddy seemed excited about their companions for the day, as they walked to where Brock and Owen were waiting for them.