Chapter 26 | Earned It

Hey there!

Forgive me for not posting in so long! My new job is time-consuming; I have been able to write; it's just getting it all edited and put together to post.

This chapter is for Riona92, thank you for the idea of switching things around!

Happy Reading!

-Sif

{Earned It by The Weekend}

Amelia woke up slowly, a contented smile playing on her lips as she stretched out in her comfortable bed

Amelia woke up slowly, a contented smile playing on her lips as she stretched out in her comfortable bed. The soft morning light filtered through the curtains, casting a warm glow in the room. Blinking away the remnants of sleep, she relished in the quiet tranquility of the moment.

As her senses fully awakened, a subtle realization crept in. Something was off. With a curious frown, she glanced at her alarm clock. The digital numbers were displayed 8:30 in the morning. Her eyes widened in surprise, realizing that she had overslept. She quickly shot out of bed, creating a flurry of blankets and sheets.

Amelia rushed into Teddy's room, gently nudging him with a soft, "Come on, sweetheart, time to get up."

Once she made sure he was out of bed and moving, she rushed into her walk-in closet, quickly pulling on her favorite two-piece Chanel pantsuit set. She worked her diamond earrings into her ears as she padded into the bathroom, where she plugged in her curling iron, only to be met with an unexpected spark. Cursing under her breath, she swiftly unplugged it and tossed it into the trash. No time for hairstyling today. Instead, she gathered her thick curls into a sleek ponytail, wrapping it into an elegant bun. She quickly applied her makeup, then grabbed her Jimmy Choos and made her way to the kitchen.

"Teddy!" she banged on the bedroom door as she walked past.

In her race against the clock, she dashed into the kitchen, intent on making coffee. Amelia quickly slid her heels on as she watched the coffee start to brew. She heard liquid hitting the floor when she moved to the fridge to see what she could whip up for his lunch. She turned around to find her travel mug sitting beside the coffee maker as the liquid poured out.

Fumbling with the coffee maker, she simultaneously dialed Tony's number. Brock was on vacation with Owen, the lucky bastard.

"Tony, I need help," Amelia all but whined into the phone as soon as he picked up.

Tony chuckled, "I have been waiting years for you to admit this, so what kind of help are we talking about here?" He asked a little too happily for Amelia's liking.

"Anthony," Amelia growled as she desperately mopped up the coffee.

"Jeez, we're using government names now, huh?" he chuckled. "What's up, Amelia?" He asked.

Amelia sighed, tossing the soaked rag in the sink, "Can you please send Happy over? Brock is on vacation, and I need to get to SI like thirty minutes ago, and Teddy needs to be taken to school."