Chapter 30 | Beast Of Burden

Steve sat on the examination table in the small, cozy exam room, his leg stretched out in front of him, enclosed in a cast

Steve sat on the examination table in the small, cozy exam room, his leg stretched out in front of him, enclosed in a cast. Amelia sat nearby, her expression mirroring Steve's anticipation as they awaited his x-ray results.

Moments later, the door swung open, and Doctor Torres entered with a warm smile, holding Steve's X-ray film.

"Hey there," Doctor Torres greeted them, closing the door behind her and sitting on the stool. "How are we feeling? Any pain?"

Steve smiled and glanced at Amelia. "Feeling good, no pain," he replied.

"That's excellent," Doctor Torres said with a smile. "I have good news, Steve. Your fracture has healed nicely, and we can remove your cast today."

Steve's face lit up with relief and excitement. "That's fantastic!" he exclaimed.

However, Doctor Torres added, "You'll need to wear a boot for the next six weeks for added support during the final stages of healing."

Steve's enthusiasm dimmed a bit at the mention of the boot, but he nodded determinedly. "I'm ready for it. Anything to get out of this cast," he said with resolve.

Doctor Torres nodded in approval. "I'll have the nurse bring in the boot for you. Just remember to follow the instructions and keep up with your exercises."

Amelia smiled encouragingly at Steve. "You're almost there," she reassured him.

Steve nodded, grateful for the progress. "Thanks, Doctor Torres," he said sincerely, looking forward to the freedom of movement that would come with the boot.

"No problem, Steve," Doctor Torres said with a smile. "The nurse will be in shortly to get you settled," she says.

Not even ten minutes later...The nurse entered the room with a warm smile, carrying the tools needed to remove Steve's cast and fit him for a boot. "Seems like you got some good news, Mr. Rogers," she said cheerfully. "Let's get that cast off and get you set up with the boot."

Steve eagerly nodded, looking forward to the moment he could finally be free from the constraints of the cast. The nurse carefully began cutting through the layers of the cast, making sure not to cause any discomfort. As the pieces fell away, Steve felt an immediate sense of relief.

Once the cast was removed, the nurse examined Steve's leg for signs of swelling or discomfort. Satisfied with her assessment, she fitted him for the boot. She adjusted the straps and ensured that the boot provided the necessary support while allowing movement.

"There we go, all set," the nurse announced with a smile as she finished fitting the boot. "Just remember to wear it as instructed and continue exercising for the best recovery."

Steve thanked the nurse gratefully, feeling a sense of freedom with the boot. He swung his leg off the examination table, testing out the boot with a few cautious steps. It felt strange at first, but he knew it was a step closer to full recovery.