🎄Holiday Special🎄

Soundtrack: "Darlin" by Avril Lavigne

(Connected to "The Choice, Pt.3")

Description: Hela and Wanda host a little Christmas party for their 'special' family.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Hela wasn't exactly sure what to think of this whole Christmas thing. Sure, Thanksgiving and Halloween were confusing to her enough, but now there's a tree in her living room and Wanda is insisting that she help her to decorate it with these strange ornaments and lights.

"I don't understand. What is the point of this?" Hela says, staring blankly at the ball of Christmas lights in her hands. "Isn't a tree in the living room already overkill enough?"

"Come on, Hel, it will look so pretty once it's done, trust me." Wanda says softly, wrapping a strand of green lights around the tree. Hela sighed and started trying to untangle the red lights she was holding, but found it incredibly frustrating.

"I swear, if I knew this was what was waiting for me on earth, I would have just cut my own head off with my own blade." Hela grumbled, pulling and tugging at the lights.

"Let me help." Wanda says, taking the lights from her fianceé, trying to untangle them herself. Eventually she also gave up, and with a puff of red magic, the lights were untangled. Hela chucked, rolling her eyes as she wrapped the red lights around the tree. Wanda eagerly plugged them in, and the lights lit up, Hela wincing slightly at the sudden assault on her eyes.

There was a knock on the door, and in a sudden panic Wanda used her magic to put the remaining ornaments and decoration on the tree and hang the garland and bows on the windows. Hela could barely contain her laughter at Wanda's actions.

"Good grief, talk about last minute decorating." Hela teased, and Wanda scoffed before opening the door, greeting her future sibling-in-law Loki, her husband Mobius, and their kids Kevin, Shawn, and Ellie.

"Merry Christmas, I got you this!" Ellie said excitedly, holding up a little box wrapped in red and green wrapping paper.

"Thank you. Did you wrap this all by yourself?" Wanda says with a smile.

"Shawn helped me." Ellie says, and Wanda let out a a chuckle.

"Well, you two did a beautiful job." Wanda says softly. "It's fantastic."

Loki plopped down on the sofa, sighing in relief. She was currently six months along with her second child, and god she had definitely forgotten how bad the back aches and sore feet can be.

"You okay, Loki?" Wanda asks.

"Yeah, I guess I just forgot how exhausting this can be." Loki says with a chuckle.

"It's even worse with twins." Wanda says playfully.

"Sometimes I find it hard to believe there's only one in there." Loki responds, and Wanda couldn't help her laugh.

There was another knock, and this time Hela answered the door. It was Thor and his husband Bruce with their adopted daughter Love, and Loki's variant/sister Sylvie and their girlfriend Verity.

"Hello, peasants." Hela says playfully. "I see you brought your favorite midgardians."

"Indeed I did." Thor and Sylvie said in unison, each slinging an arm around their significant other's shoulder.

"Just get in here, idiots." Hela says with a chuckle.

"Is that my favorite niece I see?" Thor says as he walks into the living room.

"Uncle Thor!" Ellie exclaimed happily, rushing over to her uncle. "Is cousin Love here, too?"

"Hi, Ellie." Love says, hugging her cousin Ellie tight.

A few minutes later, Wanda's side of the family arrived. Her father Erik, stepfather Charles, her siblings Lorna and Pietro, and her step siblings David and Xandra. The night went by rather smoothly, aside from Kevin occasionally rolling his eyes or grumbling something under his breath. Towards the end of the night, it was time to unwrap presents, everyone else had already unwrapped their gifts except for Kevin, who had yet to even acknowledge the present from Loki.

"Come on, Kevin, just unwrap it." Mobius encouraged. Kevin sighed and unwrapped it, finding the Iron Man action figure he'd been wanting for years but they could never afford before. The boy was silent for a moment before saying something Loki never expected to hear.

"Thanks, mom."

"Merry Christmas, Kevin." Loki says softly, accepting a hug from the boy. Wanda couldn't help her teary eyed aww, and neither could anyone else hide their smile.

It was definitely a Christmas to remember...

🎄