Chapter 11

Sophie POV:

I don't know how many itchy eyelashes I pulled out, only that it was a lot. Harry had just left to compete, and I heard lots of cheering and growling from his dragon. I also felt like I was being watched, but I didn't hear anyone's thoughts.

I nervously sat in my chair, wondering what was happening since the crowd was so quiet. My foot was tapping, and I had a huge desire to go look outside. I wished Keefe was here right now. He always gave me comfort when I needed it, and right now I needed it.

Then the crowd erupted into cheers. Harry suddenly walked in, carrying in leg in one hand, while his other arm looked slightly crooked. He had Knicks and scratches all over his face.

"You okay?" I asked.

He gave me a lopsided smile. "I want to sleep."

I chuckled, but stopped once I heard my name.

"Good luck." Harry told me.

"Thanks."

I walked out into the arena, having the crowd erupt into cheers. I gave a small smile, then looked at the golden egg in the middle. I took one step forward, where a dragon flew up from the whole in the middle.

I stumbled back and saw the dragon turn around. I sprinted towards the egg, with the dragon flying behind me. I was about to grab the egg, when a ball of fire hit the ground right behind me.

I flew and hit my back against a jagged piece of rock that stuck out. The crowd all made an "ohhh" sound.

I coughed out blood, and tried to get upright but I simply fell back down. My whole body hurt. I looked up to see the dragon flying towards me, with its mouth wide open, with orange fire glowing inside of it's mouth.

My eyes widened, as the fire was blasted right at me. I quickly rolled out the way, but the fire still got on my left hand. I gritted my teeth, with my eyes watering. I snapped out of my daze, and sprinted towards the egg, wishing I could use a brain push right now.

The dragon was trailing me, and was about to shoot fire again. I neared the egg, and was in arms reach. But the dragon was too close to me, so I dove for the egg.

I grabbed it and held onto it, but I lost my footing when I landed. I tumbled into a really deep hole. As I fell, I looked up and made sure that no one was above me or could see me. I stopped my fall with levitation. Then I levitated up, up to a point where I couldn't be seen. Then I climbed the rest of the way up, with tears rolling down my face because of the pain in my burned hand.

My face was covered in dirt, that was sticking to me since I was sweating. My whole body hurt, and I had some blood still in my throat. I spat it out, but it just came back. It was starting to close up my throat, but I decided to let the medic deal with that.

I finally grabbed the solid ground with my right hand. I heard everyone whispering. Then I channeled all my strength, and pulled myself up. Everyone erupted into cheers, but I could care less. Harry was right, I did want to sleep.

I sat down, with the egg in my hand. I held it up for everyone to see.

"Good job Mrs. Foster." The Minister said through his microphone. "Now may all the competitors please come out."

All the competitors walked out of the tent, and came over to me.

"You alright?" Harry asked me, with his arm in a sling.

"I want to sleep." I told him with a smile.

He chuckled.

The Minister, Dumbledore, and the two other teachers were talking about points, but we couldn't hear them.