Chapter 19

A/N, for the rest of the story I am going to put it in Sophie's POV, since Harry has already told the story from his perspective.

Sophie POV:

The second task was tomorrow, and I had no idea what the task was. I had no idea what the egg is for. But it all changed at dinner that night.

Harry walked by the Slytherin table, which was crazy since all the Slytherins started calling him names.

"I need to talk to you." He said, and walked away.

"I'll be right back." I told Keefe, and followed Harry outside the dinning hall.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Tonight go take a bath in the girls preface bathroom." He said, twiddling his fingers. "Bring the egg."

I frowned. "Why would I need to bring the egg?"

Harry smiled. "Bring the egg and put it under the water. Open it and listen to what it says. Hermione, Ron, and I are doing our research, but we know that we will be needing to go underwater. So I suggest you find a way to be able to breath underwater."

I nodded. "Thanks Harry. If we are competing against each other at the same time, truce?" I stuck out my hand.

"Truce." He said and shook my hand.

We each went back to our table, where I caught Ciella, Gigi, and Keefe up on what Harry told me.

You have your impather right? I transmitted to Keefe.

Yeah, why? He thought.

I think it's time I see Linh again.

That night after dinner, I went back to the preface girls bathroom with my egg. I turned on the hot water of the bath tub when it warmed up. I got inside and sighed at the touch of warm water.

I got my egg and stared at it.

"I must be mad for doing this." I said to myself.

I put the egg underwater, and opened it, bracing myself for the ear breaking scream. But it never came. The water bubbled where the egg was. I then put my head under water, using my Exilium training. I listened to the beautiful voice of the egg speak:

"Come seek us where our voices sound,
We cannot sing above the ground,
And while you're searching ponder this;
We've taken what you'll sorely miss,
An hour long you'll have to look,
And to recover what we took,
But past an hour, the prospect's black,
Too late, it's gone, it won't come back"

After that message the egg didn't make another sound and just stayed open. I then thought about what the lyrics meant. They took something I will miss. I'll have an hour to complete the second task and get what they took. But after an hour what I miss will be gone.

I was confused.

Those were the only lyrics I was able to figure out. I'll ask Keefe later, but he was probably asleep. After I washed up, I went back to my room, where Keefe sat on the couch watching the fire.

"Linh should be here any minute." He said. "Everyone is in their rooms right now asleep, so I told her to leap into the common room. For the elves it's breakfast."

I nodded and leaned on him.

"Thanks Hunkyhair." I said softly.

"Anytime Foster." He replied and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

I heard coughing, and immediately turned around.

"Linh!" I said excitedly.

"Sophie!" She exclaimed.

I ran to her as she ran to me. We wrapped each other in a tight hug.

"What are you wearing?" She asked.

I laughed. "This is what the students here wear."

Linh frowned. "You sound different."

"The people here talk weirdly." Keefe said.

I smiled. "What's up?"

Linh smiled, her blue eyes shimmering. "Nothing much besides you leaving. Also Biana and Tam got together."

"Congratulations." I said, as Keefe yelled. "WHAT?!"

I quickly covered his mouth. "Don't be so loud."

He nodded and I released my hand.

"Bangs boy got a girlfriend." Keefe said, "that's something I thought I would never hear."

Linh and I both scowled at him.

"What do you need my help with Sophie?" Linh asked.

"First let me catch you up so you know what's going on, and so you can tell our friends." I said.

Keefe and I explained everything to Linh. The first task, the Yule Ball, the egg, witches and wizards, and the Triwizard Tournament. By the time I was done she looked tired.

"So what do you need me to do?" She asked.

"Tomorrow is the second task." I started, pacing. "The task involves me having to be under water for an hour. And I need a way to breath-"

"So you need me to find a way to let you breath." She finished with a smile. "I have a way."

I smiled. "Thanks Linh for helping me."

She smiled. "Of course."

"How long are you staying for?" I asked.

"Today and tomorrow night I'm leaving."

I nodded.

That night I slept with the worst nightmares I have ever had. Even though I slept in Keefe's arms, and Linh reading next to us, it didn't help the nightmares like how it usually does.

My eyes shot open, and I rolled out of Keefe's arms, hitting the ground with a thud. I heard snickering and saw the it was Linh who was sitting on the chair next to us.

"It's not that funny." I groaned, unable to hide the sleepy tone from my voice.

Linh snickered again. "It kinda is. You sound like you have a frog in your throat."

I rolled my eyes, and got comfortable in Keefe's arms again.

"What time is it?" I murmured.

Linh smiled. "9:30."

My head shot upright. The back of my head slammed into Keefe's face, who groaned and woke up.

"Foster you didn't have to wake me up like that." He groaned, clutching his nose.

I started tugging out eyelashes. "The next task is in 2 hours!"