Chapter 8: Something Unexplainable

No one's POV
It's 11:00pm. All the pets are at home, fast asleep in their beds. But something else got in... not too big ....not too small. The creature was roaming the halls. Leaving it's dirty footprints everywhere it walked. Any food scattered on the ground, it would eat. Any dirty tables in need of cleaning, he'd lick clean. It was hungry. It broke into lockers and stole jerky snacks and ate them. Then it hid... somewhere in the school.

Arthur's POV
Second day of term 3 today! I really want to Ask Akira to the dance. But I'm a bit scared. Everyone knows I like her except for Coco, Paisley and Akira, herself. Well at least I don't think they know. Because all the dogs and cats I've told, I trust. I walked into the school grounds. I saw Akira! My chance? Maybe somewhere a bit more private later. Just in case she rejects me I won't be the whole laughing stock to the school. I ran up to her. I didn't talk to her much yesterday. "Hi Akira! I just wanted to congratulate you on school captain!" I said it to her. "Umm Arthur, I got house captain, Bailey's the school captain." Oh shoot! I messed up my words! Again! "Oh yeah oops! Oh wait Akira! You need to help Mishka, Atlas and I right now! For recruiting people for the dance!" Akira had a worried look on her face. "Sorry I can't Arthur, I have to hand out the Pet School NewsPaper. I'm the head of it and it's my turn to hand out the newspaper, sorry!" Nothing has been going right with Akira so far today! I've been so... weird? Maybe? WHY IS THIS SO HARD?! I looked at the newspaper. "MYSTERIOUS CREATURE CAUGHT ON CAMS LAST NIGHT!" Was the headline of the newspaper. "Um can I have one of those?" I asked Akira. "Sure." She one gave it to me. I started to read it. Last night, at 11am, a mysterious creature or figure was roaming the halls. It left peculiar footprints. It quite dirtied the halls. It ate leftover food off the ground and the tables. I skipped to a different bit. If you have dirty footprints on your locker, that means the creature got into your locker. We don't know where it went next, it is believed to still be in the school, hiding somewhere. If anyone has any idea, sense, trace or info on this anonymous creature, please contact us, the Pet School NewsPaper. Reported by Emerald. Interesting. Maybe I'll read the bits I skipped later. Mishka and Atlas called me over. I went over to them. "HELPERS! HELPERS! ANY HELPERS?" Atlas was calling out. Zane came up to us. "You need a DJ? Well you got.. DAH MAN." Zane put on some black shades and did a 'cool' pose. Mishka shrugged. "Sure." She added him onto the list as the DJ. Thor came up to us half asleep. "Can I help Chef Diego?" He asked. Chef Diego appeared out of nowhere. "Yes mi amigo! Come this way!" He then dragged Thor along with him. One of Cosmo's cats, James, came. "If I heard you correctly, in assembly, you were looking for a host?" He said very charmingly. "Just a heads up, if you're going to be a host, you can't have a date or dance with someone in the slow dance." I said. I know he probably wants to ask Coco. Everyone ships them duh! "That's fine, I'm not planning to dance or ask anyone." He said. I was surprised! I reluctantly wrote him down as the host. Elton and Aina came up at the same time. "Can I be a security guard? NO I WANT TO. NO GET OUT OF HERE. STOP SAYING THE THINGS I'M SAYING! YOU SUCK. SHUT UP." They said at the same time. "Guys! Calm down! You can both be security guards.' Atlas said to them. Elton doesn't normally get angry like that... we sorted out all of the helpers and that was it. I sat down in front of my locker. I read that part of the mysterious figure again and again. I wanted to create a group to bust this creature! I saw a girl cat. She looked new. She had glasses on and she was walking around. Maybe she might be able to join me? I ran up to her. "Hey! I'm Arthur. You want to join my group to bust out this mysterious creature? We're meeting at 11:00pm tonight. Oh and what's your name? Are you new?" She stared at me, then smiled. "Sure! I'd love to! I'm Skye and yes I am new, I'll join, at 11pm? Cool, see you then!" Already got Skye with me! That's great! Who else would like to? Zane maybe? I'll ask him. "Hey Zane! Want to join me to bust out this mysterious creature? We meet at 11:00pm." He smirked at me. "Bring spicy candy and I'm in." Zane and Skye are on board so far. Maybe one more? I'll try Stewart. I saw him talking to Skye. New ship? Nah. They look a lot like each other. A lot like.. I ran up to him. "Hey Stewart want to join my group to bust out this mysterious creature? Oh and I see you're talking to Skye! She's also apart of it." "Sure! Skye's my sister. She's new." Skye smiled at me. I never knew Stewart had a sister? I had a tap on the shoulder. I turned around. Cloud? "Can I join? Pretty please?" She asked me. "Yeah sure! See you at 11:00pm" I was ready to bust this creature!