Prima Donna

"Gentleman, I have now sent you several notes of the most amiable nature, detailing how my theater is to be run. You have not followed my instructions..." 

Phantom's voice

"...I shall give you one last chance. 1. You must give me back my private box; and I wish it to be at my free disposal from henceforward. 2. Jasmine Daae has returned to you, and I am anxious her career should progress in the new production of ll Muto. You will therefore cast Carlotta as the pageboy and put Miss Daae in the role of the Countess. The role in which Miss Daae plays calls for charm and appeal. The role of the pageboy is silent which makes my casting, in a word. ideal.  3. Let me know by a letter handed to Mme. Lesch, who will see that it reaches me, that you accept, as your predecessors did, the conditions in my memorandum-book relating to my monthly allowance. I will inform you later how you are to pay it to me. If you refuse, you will give faust tonight in a house with a curse upon it. Take my advice and be warned in time. 

I shall watch the performance from my normal seat in box 5, which will be kept empty for me.

...I remain, gentleman, your obedient servant O.G." 

Carlotta started to freak out. "Jasmine! It's all a ploy to help Jasmine. I know who sent this. The Vicomte-her lover!" 

"This changes nothing" responded Andre in protest. "You are the star! Not Jasmine. And always will be! We don't take orders." 

Firmin then said "Miss Daae will be playing the pageboy-the silent role." Both Firmin and Andre said "Carlotta will be playing the lead." 

"Who scorn his word beware to those. The angel sees, the angel knows." warned MME Lesch. "You have replaced me!" yelled Carlotta. "Please Signora, we beseech you" responded the two managers. Then MME Lesch says "This hour shall see your darkest fears. The angel knows, the angel hears." 

Both Raoul and Rachel said, "I must see her." Raoul said "Where did she go? What new surprises lie in store?" 

"Signora, sing for us. Don't be a martyr. Our star!" said the managers to Carlotta. "Your public needs you," said Andre. "We need you, too" responded Firmin. "Wouldn't you rather have your precious little ingenue?" asked Carlotta. "Signora, no! The world wants you" responded the managers. 

Both Rachel and her mom roll their eyes and left. 

The managers brought Carlotta to her dressing room to help her get ready for the performance. "Prima Donna, first lady of the stage. Your devotees are on their knees to implore you." 

Carlotta brushes her long hair. "Can you bow out when they're shouting your name?" asked Andre. "Think of how they all adore you" said Firmin. "Prima donna, enchant us once again" they both said. "Think of your muse" Andre handed her flowers. "And of your queues 'round the theatre!" Firmin handed her a soft fur thing. She prefers that over the flowers. "Can you deny us the triumph in store." Andrew gave her a box of jewelry and Firmin gave her a new black puppy. "Sing Prima Donna once more." 

Raoul realizing what Jasmine's been saying about an angel is true. "Jasmine spoke of an angel." 

The managers helped Carlotta get change in that dress they have to tightened for her. "Prima Donna. Your song shall live on again" sang Carlotta. "Think of your public" said Andre and Firmin.  "Those who hear your voice liken you to an angel." 

Raoul thought "Is this her angel of music...?" 

Lesch realizing "She has heard the voice of the Angel of Music." 

As they were going through the halls, carrying Carlotta, passing people by "Think of their cry of undying support." "We get our Opera" said Andre. "She gets her limelight" responded Firmin. 

"Is this really an Angel or a madman?" thought Raoul. 

Madame Lesch and Rachel went to Jasmine's room to help her get ready. "Heaven help you those who doubt. This miscasting will invite damnation" said Lesch. "I agree, mother" responded Rachel. Jasmine was nervous for what will happen tonight. 

"Orders, Warnings, Lunatic demands" thought Raoul. 

Carlotta thinking to herself "Think how you'll shine in that final encore. Sing Prima Donna once more. 

"Oh fools to have flouted his warnings! Think, before these demands are rejected!" said Lesch. "Surely, for her sake... I must see these demands are rejected" thought Raoul. 

"Who'd believe a diva. Happy to relieve a Chorus girl who's gone and slept with the patron? Raoul and the Soubrette Entwined in love's duet! Although he may demur. He must have been with her! You'd never get away with all this in a play but if it's loudly sung and in a foreign tongue." said Andre and Firmin. 

Both Rachel and Raoul said, "Jasmine must be protected!" "This is a game you cannot win" said Lesch. "But if this curse is on this opera..." 

"Prima Donna, the world is at your feet! A nation waits and how it hates to be cheated!" said the managers. "The stress that falls upon a famous prima donna! Terrible diseases, coughs and colds and sneezes! Still, the driest throat will reach the highest note in search of perfect opera!" said Carlotta. 

"Then I fear the outcome" said Lesch. "Jasmine plays the Pageboy. Carlotta plays the Countess," said Raoul. 

The stage light up.

"So, it is to be war between us! If these demands are not met, a disaster beyond your imagination will occur!" said the Phantom.