Till I Hear You Sing

Phantom POV

It's been ten long years. Been living a mere facade of life. I can't believe it's been ten long years. I have been wasting my time here on smoke and noise. In my mind I hear melodies pure and unearthly, but I find I can't give them a voice without you. 

My Jasmine, oh my Jasmine. She lost and gone. The day starts and the day ends. Time crawls by.  Night steals in pacing the floor. The moments creep and yet I can't bear to sleep. 'til I hear you sing 

And weeks passed and turns to months. Seasons fly by. But still, you don't walk through the door. And in a haze, I count the silent days until I can hear you sing once more. And sometimes at nighttime I dream that you are there but then I wake up holding nothing but the empty air. Then years come and years go.  Time runs dry. Still, I ache down to the core. 

My broken soul can't be alive and whole until I can hear you sing once more. And the music. Your music, it teases at my ear. I turn and it fades away and you're not here. Let hopes pass and let dreams pass. Let them all die. Without you, what are they for? 

I'll always feel no more than halfway real until I hear you sing once more. I looked at her picture on my wall and I just sob thinking of my love and how much I miss her voice.