Chapter 63: Brooding of a Defeated Warrior

In a place dark as the abyss dwells a girl, wondering what she was doing in such a place seemingly reached by no light, yet strangely enough, she can see her flesh, her skin that should be covered with her silver scales.

_Just a moment ago, I was defeated wasn't I?_

Bakunawa thought, but immediately shook her head, her silver hair seemed to sympathize with her as it did not even sway and looked like weights were attached to them.

_Actually, it's "I was defeated weeks ago."_

Bakunawa cannot help but sigh, in her little knowledge about elementary spells, one elementary spell is directly proportional to the power of the user. Meaning that one can enslave stronger individuals as long as she is stronger or as strong as that individual. Furthermore, if the enslaver and the enslaved are of equal power, then the enslaved can fight back, her eyes lit up for a moment but she just covered her eyes.

Tears cannot even form anymore and only her self-disappointment can be felt, surely she will not succeed even if she attempts to escape because, by this time, Sophia most probably will continue with her hero's test that just got its greatest thorn eliminated... or enslaved.

_According to fa... my lord, in about thirty or so minutes, chains will bound my soul..._

Bakunawa wondered what she do while waiting for her official loss of freedom, but she unconsciously went back to her habit, a habit she developed in her lonesome that would seemingly last for an eternity, technically not, because she would surely be "treated" properly by Sophia considering that her existence is what Sophia is most worried about.

"I hope I can go back to that day..."

...That day, when the weak frail water serpent met the savior of her pitiful life.

_____

The third layer of the Five-Pronged forest might be considered as a place that no one wants to rule, simply because no one can be recognized as the god of the undead to be the protector of such a glistening river of his forest. Arachne is considered the protector of the first layer because of the strength of information, and Wokung the second layer as the leader of the most intelligent community-type monsters of the undead's land.

The bat queen is the protector of the fourth layer because of the high quality of their power and of course, the prophet of the god of the undead is who governs the fifth layer for obvious reasons. That was the first step to being recognized as a hero prospect, one needed to be recognized as the protector of a god's territory first.

That step was partaken by Urduja and Bakunawa and even Sophia, though the strange thing is that she received such recognition without even half a year after her conception. Going back, the Oni at that time wanted to be recognized, after they were the only race that could produce metal weapons other than the monkeys, but the problem was that, the Oni was no good in the thinking department, the god of streams, the one appointed by the god of undead to look for the rightful protector of the third layer will always ignore his prayers to be a protector.

But one serpent, a water serpent and the last of her kind will captivate this god's fancy, the serpent was more determined despite her size just as long as Sophia's complete height when she was a newborn.

First, she built a house under the biggest rock her feeble body could lift, the rock was used as a roof to a small circular structure, and the species' only magic attack "pulse" would be used against anyone who dared to attack her, not that it killed them but the rocks she is ejecting is already big enough to blind an alligator's eyes, making the alligator go away momentarily and also giving the water serpent a chance to escape.