Chapter 97: The Arrival

The King stared at the plate in front of him as he started to pray inwardly towards the god of the sun, after his short prayer, he began to dismantle the giant lobster tail on his plate, he was alone having lunch because the queen was once again nowhere to be seen and his child is not at the right age yet to be ingesting meat and needed softer foods, so the maids are the one who is feeding the child, of course, the queen is the one who is feeding him most of the time, it just so happens that the queen is late this time, similarly this is one of the concerns that the adviser has raised, saying while the king continued to bury himself to his lunch, elegantly, of course.

"Your Majesty, your wife, Her Majesty the Queen once again escaped the palace, because of this, you do not have anyone to accompany you to lunch, this is because of your subordinates' negligenc-"

Before the adviser could even continue, the King interrupted him with a wave of his hand, Roselle then said while sighing, playing with the lobster in front of him.

"Such happenings are caused by the superiority of my wife's stealth abilities over our own spies' detection, no one of you is to be blamed."

King Roselle stopped for a while as he used his knife to cut the lobster and then forked it as he put it in his mouth, causing the suppressed gulp of the adviser to surface, the King ignored his adviser's gesture, after all, the servants in the palace are given order to have lunch an hour earlier than the Royal Family such that they will not starve while serving their monarchs, he continued.

"Besides, it is not like she will not come back and escape for good, you do know what kind of report I am waiting for you to do, right?"

Even though King Roselle is indeed worried about his wife and wants to chase her, he also knows that he is still a King before a husband, thus Roselle decides to leave the matter for now and get to the point of why is the adviser inside the dining room in the first place.

"Yes, My King. Initial reports from our spies all over the continent, especially our neighboring nations except Kamatayan, it can be concluded that the nations holding open and hidden animosity or ambitions against us are not making any moves and are in their initial level of guard against us."

"However, there is a concern regarding Valentine, the Kingdom of Devils and Vampires has increased their economic and military activities and they recently partaken in a festival that celebrates the awakening of the other leader of their race, Loki Darkbringer, and just a short time after that, the strongest soldier of Valentine and the most trusted subordinate of Loki has disappeared in all of the city, towns and other places that we are spying from... Sir, it is most likely probable if we considered the sudden warning of Queen Sophia that the Assassin of Loki is in our Kingdom."

King Roselle has long fallen silent, the last bite of lobster in his fork cannot even move away from the plate, an expression of fear that is rare to the young (relatively) yet mighty King of Gjallarhorn, he started to go back to his history lessons and have a flashback of all the things the books have told about the Kingdom of Valentine as if he is experiencing them himself.

He soon calmed down as he finally ate the last piece on his plate, he sighed and said.

"Then we have to stay on guard and wait for the arrival of the Queen of Kamatayan. Start a search operation for Hebi Tsukaiza, I believe that they were educated on what she looks like, right?"

 The adviser who also started to get nervous, finally breathed a sigh of relief, as a loyal follower of the lord in front of him, he didn't want to see his King have a look of nervousness on his face, he nodded and immediately responded.

"By your will."

[Sophia's POV]

The sun started to set across the horizon, causing its once-yellow brilliance to turn into a ruby-colored light that pierced through the curtains of the carriage, Bakunawa, Eleanor, and I continued to eat the pastry that was offered to us while talking about how the flying carriage is not bouncy at all even though it doesn't have a land and all of that.