Chapter 57: Ain't a Leader no more

"Haah... Good thing it went well."

Eleanor who's somehow not affected by the large boom she created went out of the crater she made as a "speaker", not even thinking about the extent of damage she could have possibly done, she only thinks of one thing currently.

_That "signal" will surely damage the pink bats._

She, after all, is tasked to destroy the attackers of the first layer settlement, thus she is only thinking of the damage her actions might have done toward her target and nothing else, honestly, she would have made a good war criminal, the thing is, she is not particularly interested in any military position, probably, she will go back from being a researcher after the war.

"Ellie, the battle between the brainwashed army and the goblin-monkey army just ended."

Said Arachne through a spider that jumped on Eleanor's shoulder through a web, Eleanor nodded, she was quite pleased with her commanding performance as well as the cooperation of Sophia's loyal soldiers. If not for them, her being a commander will not even be possible.

"Alright, I'll go to the battlefield immediately."

She replied as she walked her way to the site, the crater she went out from was not that far away from the site of the battle, thus she didn't need to travel far, after a few minutes she had already reached the core of the first layer battle, as she saw the battlefield, even she who can be considered a war veteran cannot help but squint her eyes a little as she saw the gore of the seen.

Goblins, the majority are the generic small and weak members of the brainwashed army were strewn all over the place as bloodied corpses, some were intact but had all of their bones dislocated and crushed into unimaginable angles and shapes, surely these people are the ones who met the rage of the heavy cavalry, from the footprint of a goat embedded on the goblins' body, one can conclude that all of this injuries are caused just by a stomp from their mighty steed.

Some corpses however are not so lucky, actually the lucky ones who at least have their whole body intact are in the minority and most of the goblins got caught up in the explosions of the water attribute landmines that they so recklessly stepped on, green legs, arms and heads were scattered while gigantic and tiny innards that are mushed and barely recognizable were littered like trash.

The orcs have it more fortunate because they are big, they cannot be trampled on because that will quite literally be like jumping past boulders of flesh.

"Commander, the enemies have given up exactly thirty minutes before your arrival... or more like passed out. Thus all of them are being held prisoners."

Eleanor looked at Kabuto who casually reported all of this like the gore in front of them did not even exist, probably because he was already dead, so he could not imagine the pain people who got trampled on like rags felt.

"... Passed out?"

Eleanor is already certain on what is the reason for the brainwashing becoming undone, but she still wants confirmation thus she asks the most trusted scout and assassin of Sophia.

"Yes, the superb plan of the commander got the whole forest in disarray, delayed the march of the enemy from all layers, and most importantly, eliminated the only strategic advantage of the alliance against us."

Eleanor's eyes opened wide as she contemplated.

_Is it really that powerful?_

Eleanor is someone who knows her magic power, thus when she first drafted the plan, she knew that she would disturb the enemies, but, just to some extent, maybe it was because of her passive or unconfident nature that she subconsciously underestimated herself, she just limited her calculations to "heavy damage at the first layer and minimal to moderate damages for people outside of it and never did she thought that the term "turned the forest into disarray" will be a good description of her plan.