Chapter 36: Test of Loyalty Part 1

At the camp of the monkey rebels, the other sibling who is tasked to stay behind and be the one to hold the post is in his dwelling as he once again escorted a battered monkey out of his tent after the said monkey reported the same report he has been receiving these past few days, a hunting squad was attacked and was slaughtered, the monsters who attacked plundered their weapons but overlooked a single monkey and accidentally let it escape, right in the night of his brother's departure. At first, he brushed it off as just a random incident, however, a monkey that escaped reported to him that the monsters who assaulted them, had green-colored skin and are using sharp stones attached to a carved stick as a spear, surprisingly enough they do not use the weapons they plunder but seem to just store it somewhere.

He doubted this report, after all, the only monster he knew to have green color are the goblins and it is said that the spears they used is made of carefully carved rocks, thus it is impossible that those bunch of morons are the ones who attacked them, but then he remembered the unsuccessful assault of the wolves towards the settlement of the Hero Prospect.

When the rebellion is still yet to happen the queen of the spiders once told their father that the Hero Prospect have goblins for soldiers, when he remembered this, his eyes turned blood red as several veins came pulsating throughout his muscular body.

_We lost the initiative to attack!_

He roared in his mind, this is a big blow to his pride and a sudden slap on his face! At first, he thought that the hero prospect is nothing special, after all, who would think highly of someone who has goblins as servants, right? But for some unknown reason, let alone knowing the rebellion of the two younger brothers, the Hero Prospect also learned the location of their camping site, she even learned the food hunting spots they have set beforehand. However, as the intelligent creature that he is, he finally learned the advantage of information, thus he ordered a monkey to send a message to his brother that his mission shall be fulfilled in the shortest time possible.

The spies then were commanded to further hasten their range-widening order, but then a report came.

"Leader, the scouts have been assaulted by a grey goblin archer and a bunny that is so muscular for his size..." This report once again angered the rebel leader, but he immediately calmed down.

After all, the countermeasures are already set and the harassment they are facing is not frontal, thus the damages are minimal except for the weapons that got plundered without fail and the several prey that escaped their grasp, the leader just smirked causing the injured scout to be confused.

"Do not worry, I already took proper actions and will see to it that such accidents will not happen again, disperse."

The leader cannot help but laugh, despite his evaluation of the hero prospect going up by a little, he is still yet to recognize her as a threat, after all, what thus her goblins who got a little power-up can do against his invincible army, right?

______

The youngest of the two monkey rebel leaders is still traveling with his soldiers toward the location of the spider queen's cave without knowing what happened to their camp. They continued to talk loudly like always as if they are the ones who owns the world and no one will even dare to stop them, only one monster amongst them is taking their travel seriously.

"Only the leader has the good instincts to notice my presence huh? But still, he cannot confirm it because of all these spiders around the path towards her lair also spying on them."

A figure with three pairs of eyes said so, he have a tall stature and have a pair of daggers in his hands, he then suddenly stabbed the dagger down a part of the body of the tree in which a white colored spider is in, the spider of course died without even taking a single squeak before it perished.