Chapter 39: Start of the Show

_It sure is hot in here._

Eleanor mumbled as she ate an apple she picked above ground. It is already several days since the war started and Sophia requested her to go on standby directly under the camp of the monkey rebels, meaning she's underground most of the time and will just come out to gather food and water, as well as to properly breath for she just punched a hole in a secluded place of the camp for the room to have ventilation, she's not Sophia after all and just have the Earth element as her affinity.

However, her affinity is still the Earth, thus even though it is uncomfortable to stay under the soil for so long, she will not have any problems hiding under the ground for an extended period as long as she has food and water source nearby, except maybe for the fact that she cannot change her clothes and have a very sweaty robe right now, she can say that she's fine.

Sophia is already aware of this affinity of hers and of course, won't bring Eleanor anywhere close to danger.

_But still, the big surprise is not a surprise... It's just a simple plan that is hidden under complicated plots._

Eleanor cannot help but smile, indeed it was really simple, it was so simple in fact that it became complicated to think about, after all, who would think of just ste... As she was shaking her head preventing herself to laugh, a communication link between her and undead Kabuto was formed.

"It is time Lady Eleanor, My Lady said."

The serious voice of Kabuto rang out and with an "Understood.", she finished her apple in haste and immediately stood up, she made the soil table and chair join the earth once again and used magic to make a corridor for herself to escape.

"All right then."

The wall in front of her suddenly crumbled and a way free of roots and worms appeared and presented itself for Eleanor, Sophia must have all the basic elements at her disposal, but Eleanor can proudly say that even such a brilliant individual cannot do such a feat.

The road that opened up for her is a naturally paved one, the roots dug themselves further under the ground and the soil hardened voluntarily in every place she walked into as if she is a queen and anyone who dare stand in her way will be trampled to death.

Eleanor looked once more at the room she made and once again looked straight at her front, she snapped her fingers and started to run in haste, moment after her figure disappeared, sounds of metals hitting the ground were heard in her makeshift dwelling followed by metallic crawling sounds that resonated throughout the corridor specially made by Eleanor.

_________

At the Monkey Rebel Camp.

The exhausted messenger told the tale to his other leader, how the spider queen asked for help, how a grey-colored assassin intercepted the three messengers, and how he killed the assailant, the monkey did not dare to mention the fact that they are being played with like marionettes to his leader, no matter how hot headed his leader is, he will surely figure out this fact the moment he delivered the message.

"Do-does that mean..."

"Did we just become..."

Several exclamations of shock and fear resounded inside the commander's tent which the executives are invited into. They cannot help it, after all, they have thought that the Monkey Leader is becoming a coward because of their intelligence and choose to be passive about the matter of the Hero prospect.

_Sometimes passiveness means wisdom and invasion means foolishness._

What were the words that they now suddenly cherished from the bottom of their hearts as they tried to make calculations about how they will convince their lord to retreat and beg for forgiveness from the monkey tribe leader?