Chapter 37: Test of Loyalty Part 2

At that moment he heard those words, the other leader stood frozen to the ground, it was as if pikes suddenly descended from heaven and pierced his legs, making him unable to move. But as the leader that he is, that state of his just lasted for a second, he immediately grabbed the spider using his hands, after which he shook it like mad and questioned in a shouting whisper.

"What Happened!?"

The severely wounded spider flailed about and the shrill voice immediately protested.

"Stop! if this spider died, I would not have any other means to contact you!"

The monkey shuddered at this statement, and he immediately stopped shaking the poor spider, in the long life of the spider queen, desperate situations such as this one are common in her vast amount of experience, and in all the tales the queen has narrated, never did she seek help to save herself no matter how dire her predicament might be.

But now...

"I... I need your help, my godchild... I was betrayed... GHAK!"

The spider queen said in between small coughing fits, after which the tribe leader heard loud coughs, after a while they subsided.

"By who?"

The primate already has a guess who, but still decided to ask.

"By her... by the hero prospect, it all started when..."

The spider queen then without holding anything back narrated how she and the wretched hero prospect have come up with a cooperation deal. It all started with the invasion of the wolves to the settlement of the said hero, that incident like any other was something well known to the Queen, and also like other events, she wants to profit from it no matter what. Thus she contacted the hero and alerted her beforehand, in return she will have the samples of the wolf king's blood, and alas the risk she took paid off, she got her desired blood and started to experiment on it to create a new type of combat spider of the fire attribute.

Surprisingly, the queen even received the help of the hero herself who exhibited knowledge that rivaled or even surpasses her own, the hero corrected the queen's mistakes and improved fields she thought had already reached their limit and after a while, the first male and female fire spiders was born and is just currently in the process of mating.

"I thought that I am really lucky at that time, and became more greedy, I soon desired to make arachnids that are humanoids just like me and targeted your father, it was even more convenient that the hero wants to rule his volcano too..."

After she learned that she and the hero have the same target, they immediately set out a plan, a subordinate of the hero who is good at disguise infiltrated the ranks of the monkeys and manipulated the two youngest of the tribe leader's children into rebelling against him to split the forces of the said race, the spider queen then will quickly disagree for any request of help from any side and will use the other as an excuse, this will cause the two sides to compete for more against each other to gain her side, and then a war for her will ensue. One must not look down on the charm of information, more so for the rebels and the tribe leader faction, after all, one wants to not cross paths with the prospect and the other want to teach her a lesson, thus both the power of intel. will be needed by both sides.

"The moment the war broke out, we will, of course, rip the benefits among ourselves, the monkey tribe leader will be mine while the population and the volcano will be hers, but when she learned about your final attempt on pursuing my assistance, perhaps because she is too cautious or because she planned it from the start, she attacked me, she commanded her unusually powerful goblin infantry to march towards the secret route I created for my escape, it took me all my battle spawns just to drive her and her army out of my lair, however, her goat cavalry is already on its way to end my life.