Chapter 56: The Extinction...? Part 2

All of the pink bats became stiff frozen as they stopped dead in their tracks, they didn't need to turn, their echolocation abilities saw it clearly, they witnessed it with their own "eyes" on how the strongest of the male pink bats got struck by a gigantic bulldozer disguised as a goat and how their temporary leader was turned into ashes that got carried away by the wind.

"2 more..."

Ruphas mumbled as he slowly turned around and locked his gaze on a certain pink bat.

"Shit...!"

The bat in question was jolted awake as the primal fear of death took over him and made his strained body and soul go into overdrive, he just sprinted as fast as he could with only his survival circulating in his mind.

He doesn't care about anything anymore, war? His Queen? His comrades? Will those things save him from dying?

No, thus he just thought about himself as adrenaline made his body go past his limits and reach speeds that not a flying creature can have while running.

But reality still proved to be cruel, for no matter how many doses of adrenaline were injected into his mind, no one in the forest's entirety could surpass the speed of a thunder strike.

"NO! NO! NO! NO!NO! NO!NO! NO!NO! NO!NO! NO!NO! NO!NO! NO!"

He said, indignant of his demise, but Ruphas paid his will to live no heed as he slammed his "thunder horns" at the back of the bat, the bat first felt pain in his spine, his backbone instantly crumbled at the force of the attack.

"GWAAA...."

However, that severe sensation of his backbone and ribcage breaking seemed to pale in comparison to the burning sensation of electric currents caused by flood-like amounts of electricity that suddenly just coursed through his body.

"...AAAAGHAAAAAAAGGGGHHHH!"

The bat shouted as his body felt the sensation of electricity invading his body, circulating from his back to all his being again and again, his tears could not fall and his screams were being drowned by the loud zapping sound that resonated through the forest.

_Ah... I... Don't want to die...._

His consciousness started to slip away as the sound of his own body being electrocuted started to wane, the sound became dimmer and dimmer until all sounds came to a halt for the pink bat.

"Second one Dead."

Ruphas mumbled as he huffed for air and faltered a little, his legs seemed to stumble but he forced them back into standing upright, seems like he is yet to be used in equipping his power because, like most of the strong individuals, it is rare to find someone who have the same level of power to truly contend against him.

And he can't just ask his master for a duel, he has his pride no matter how loyal he is and will not enter a battle he has no chance of winning.

"One more and I'll leave the rest to you two."

Jin and Bernardo continued to run as they heard the words of Ruphas which they responded with a "Got it!".

 As Ruphas heard their reply, he once again lowered his head.

______

The three remaining bats flinched nastily as they all started to run, a certain sense of relief engulfed them as they heard that only one person could be targeted by Ruphas because of him not being able to maintain his transformation for long, that means at least two of them have the sure chance of survival.

_And I just have to be the fastest to be one of those two!_

All of them thought of the same thing, they already had their pride crushed the moment that sound pulse destroyed their ears, thus they did not even think of fighting back, nor did they thought of humiliation from having to escape out of the forest they once boldly claimed as they ever grazed their minds.