06, 𝗠𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗢𝗻

Chloe had been so shut off since the whole Mark and Lexie thing. She knew she missed him. But he was with Lexie now.

She felt like it was her own fault as she had waited too long to tell him how she felt. And she hated it. She wanted him.

Ellie had been worried about her. She knew Chloe. And she knew how she made out she was okay when she wasn't. It was something she had always done.

She had tried to get Chloe to open up. But it wasn't happening. Chloe had clammed shut and made out she was fine.

Chloe had barely talked to Mark. She knew there was no point. Especially as things were tense. He was with Lexie and Lexie had come between their friendship.

She knew things were a mess. And she wanted it to be how it used to be. Before Lexie Grey.

Chloe left the bedroom and saw Ellie and Derek. Derek looked to her. "Have coffee. You look as though you need it," he said.

"That your way of saying I look like crap?" Chloe asked as she sat down.

Ellie smiled. "He's saying you look like you haven't slept. And you need a wake up call. Come on Chlo. Talk to us," she said.

Chloe shook her head. "There's nothing to talk about. Mark is now with Lexie. He has been for some time. I waited too long to tell him how I felt. So there's nothing I can do," she mumbled.

Derek and Ellie shared a look. Both of them knew Chloe was definitely putting on an act. "Chloe. Don't shut us out. You're heartbroken. And it's obvious. You're not even bickering with Karev?" Ellie said.

"No. Because I'm about to ask him if he wants to have sex," Chloe told them as she walked out.

Ellie turned to Derek. "Sloan is a dead man walking. I hope you know that," she told him.

"He knows. Would she really sleep with Karev?"

Ellie shook her head. "She won't. She's just saying it cause she's hurting."

****

Chloe smiled as she saw Jackson. She looked to him. "So. Do you enjoy being here?" She asked as she took a sip of her coffee.

Jackson shrugged. "It's different. Most of the people just rude. And I'm not sure they like me," he said.

"I do. And don't worry about it. Izzie Stevens... she's gone now. Doubt she'll be back. She's a toxic little bitch," Chloe said. She smirked. "I'm here though. And I'm probably the best resident there is. Keep away from Lexie. She'll probably turn up at your hotel and strip for you?" She said.

"Nice."

Chloe turned to see Mark. She shrugged. "Oops. Did I offend little Grey? Shame. My heart just shattered."

Mark scoffed. "Why are you such a bitch?"

"Why did you choose her over me? What? Cause she's clever? Big deal. Was it because she turned up at your hotel and begged you to teach her like the desperate bitch she was?" Chloe spat as she walked off.

****

Chloe turned and smiled as Ellie stood next to her. She smiled and turned back to the chief. They were all in front of the OR board. Mark was standing by her too.

The chief was explaining the new computer model they would schedule the surgeries. And most of the doctors were a little grumpy.