020, "𝗟𝗲𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗠𝗲 𝗔𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗲"

Chloe hadn't talked to Arizona at all since she had found out the truth. She couldn't believe the fact that she had been lied to her whole life.

She felt hurt. And she felt as though she couldn't trust anyone. She hadn't told Ellie. Knowing she had her own family now.

Chloe had recently gotten her own apartment. She needed to get away from it all. She wanted to be alone. It wasn't that she wasn't happy with Ellie and Derek. But they needed their own space to be with their little girl.

Chloe was getting ready for work. She checked her phone and saw a text from Arizona;

Please talk to me. I'm sorry for how you found out. Please x

Chloe ignored the text. She checked herself over in the mirror and grabbed her keys. She knew how she was trying to focus on herself. And not on Mark Sloan or anything else.

****

Chloe was sitting in the locker room at the hospital with Ellie. Ellie was worried about Chloe and how she had shut herself off from everyone lately.

Cristina turned to look at her friends. "Owen washed my hair. And he told me to eat this grainy nut bar. And he booked me into surgery this morning. He is in charge of me. I'm a bride, and I'm going with it," she said.

Meredith shrugged. "But trauma guy didn't clear you."

"Yeah, but he said he'll figure that out."

Chloe turned around. She looked at the staring people. "Yes. Okay, I am the crazy one. I am the one who freaks out and screams at people ... Like that," she mumbled. She was sick of the looks she was getting.

Ellie turned to them. "Go gawk at each other for a while," she told them as the other pagers went off.

Meredith looked to Chloe. "Are you okay?" She questioned.

Chloe rolled her eyes. "Would everybody please just stop asking if I am okay? Okay?" She said as she grabbed her lab coat and walked off.

Ellie stood and walked out after her. She smiled. "Chlo. Is everything okay?" She asked.

Chloe sighed and nodded. "Yeah. It's all fine."

"No it's not. You can't lie to me. What's going on? My mom says you've ignored her all week," Ellie said.

Chloe scoffed and shook her head. Knowing she didn't want to open up and talk. She couldn't. Not with how she was really feeling.

"I'm fine. I just haven't talked to anyone."

Ellie frowned. She knew Chloe. And she knew there was something being kept from her.

****

A police car had dropped off Derek in the ambulance bay. April looked to him. "Dr. Shepherd, the chief is looking for you," she said.

"I know."

"You missed the wedding last night," April told him as she looked to him.

"I know."

"You smell like pee."

"I know."

Derek walked onto the elevator. He saw Chloe there who looked to him. "What's up jailbird?" Ehe said.

"Funny Chloe," Derek said as Chloe got off. He forced Ellie to stay on the elevator with him. "Mm-hmm-hmm-hmm. How was the wedding?" He asked.

Ellie shrugged. "It was fine. I'm sorry you missed it," she said as she looked to him.