018, 𝗦𝘂𝗿𝗽𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗲 𝗕𝗮𝗯𝘆'𝘀 & 𝗕𝗲𝗱𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝗖𝗼𝗻𝗳𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀

Chloe felt sick at seeing the man she classed as a brother on the ground. Blood pouring from his chest. She was holding Ellie back from running over and getting herself shot in the process.

She felt like the breath had been taken from her. She knew if she lost Derek, she would lose the one male who had been there for through everything.

Chloe looked to Ellie. "We need to get out of here," she said as she pulled her away.

****

April looked to Gary Clark. She was shaking. "My name ... My name is April kepner. I'm 28 years old. I ... I was born on April 23 in o-in Ohio. I'm from Columbus, Ohio. Um... My mom-my mom is a teacher, and m-my dad is a farmer- corn- C- corn- he-he-he grows corn. Their-their names are Karen and Joe. I have three sisters. Libby's the oldest. I'm-I'm next, and then there's k-kimmie, then Alice. I- I-I-I haven't don't anything yet. I haven't ... I've barely lived. I- I'm not finished yet. No one's loved me yet. Please. Please. I'm someone's child. I'm a person. I'm a person," she sobbed.

Gary started shaking. "Run," he said as he lowered his gun.

Derek was panting and Gary pointed his gun at him again. "Oh, Mr. Clark ... Mr. Clark ..."

****

Ellie looked to Chloe who had locked them in a supply closet. "Derek could still be alive," she sobbed.

Chloe shook her head. "We could get shot! You're pregnant for gods sake," she told her.

"I'm going, Chloe. I am going..."

"No, no, no, no, you are not. Derek would kill me if I let you get shot! You're not," Chloe told her. Knowing she wasn't going to let her best friend end up dead.

"Please."

"You'll get killed, and I'm not gonna let that happen. You want to go, you gotta go through me," Bella told her.

Ellie then threw Chloe into a shelf. She left the closet and ran out to Derek.

****

Ellie was sitting by Derek's side. "Hold on, okay? Hold on. I love you. Please don't die," she sobbed.

"Get outta here, Ellie. Before he shoots you, too," Derek said as he looked to her.

"Do not die! Do you understand? I can't live without you. Please don't leave me," she sobbed.

Chloe walked over to them. She was cautious. "I called the police," she said as she looked around.

Ellie held Derek's head in her lap. "You die, I die. Okay, good. They're coming. The police are coming," she sobbed.

"Grace, they're-they're not- they're not gonna get here. They're not coming for us, not-not in time. Oh, God, Ellie," Chloe sobbed. It was destroying her seeing him fighting for his life.

"I pick you. I choose you. What are we what are we gonna do? You don't get to die on me," Ellie said.

"Derek needs surgery, so I-"

"No, you stay awake!" Ellie sobbed.

"What do we do?"

Ellie looked to Derek. She sighed. "You stay awake! Stay awake. Derek!" She sobbed as Chloe ran off. "Derek, stay awake. Stay awake. Okay. Okay."

Chloe ran to get a wheelchair. She saw a frightened April who was sat against a wall.

Chloe looked to her. "April, come on. We're taking Derek down to the O.R. Teddy, sh-she's in the O.R. She can save him. Come on," she said.