09, 𝗜 𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗬𝗼𝘂

Chloe knew how Mark was in LA with Addison. She knew he had broken up with Lexie. Part of her had thought she would feel different about it.

Chloe had always thought that she would feel different. That she would want Mark back. But she was happy with Jackson. He made her happy. And she didn't want to hurt Jackson.

Chloe sat in the living room and helped herself to coffee. Her phone rang and she saw it was Mark. She declined the call and sighed. She had to somehow get him off her mind.

Knowing full well she couldn't be with him. She was finally moving on from him. And she was happy. Or so she thought.

****

Ellie and Derek were in the bedroom. Ellie had told him how Richard Webber had a drinking problem. Derek wanted to report him.

"No!"

"Yes!"

Ellie shook her head. She looked over to him. "No. If you report him..."

Derek rolled his eyes and sighed. "He's an alcoholic!" He yelled.

"If you report him, it'll be the end of his career. You don't give people any room. Flaws are unacceptable to McDreamy," Ellie said as she brushed her hair.

"Don't "mcdreamy" me."

Ellie rolled her eyes and shrugged. "McDreamy is being McJackass."

"He is an alcoholic. How long has he been drinking? Since the holidays?" Derek asked as he looked to her.

"What, do you want to take notes so you can show it to the board so they can offer you his job on the spot? You want his job. You know it and I know it!"

Derek rolled his eyes. "I'm the head of neurosurgery. I have a responsibility to this hospital."

Ellie rolled her eyes as she looked to him. "Admit you want to be chief!"

Derek shook his head. "All right. You know what? I'm done having this argument. I'm going to the board. I'm reporting Richard," he said as he turned to walk out.

"Promise!"

Derek turned back to her. "You can't call my promise to you," he told her.

Ellie shrugged as she looked to him. "I am calling promise. because I told my secret about my friend to my fiancé... Not the head of neurosurgery, my husband... Which I have to be able to do. So the laws of your promise clearly prevail," she said.

"This is wrong."

Promise."

"The chief-."

"Promise."

Derek groaned. "Fine. I won't tell. Fine. Damn it. You just make me want to," he said as he walked over to her. He grabbed her hips and pulled her close.

Their lips met in a heated and passionate kiss. Ellie pushed him onto the bed and straddled him. Before things could go further, their pagers went off.

****

Ellie walked into Chloe's bedroom. She knew how hard Chloe had been since she had found out about Mark and Lexie's breakup. She smiled. "Hey. Are you okay?" She asked.