𝟬𝟮𝟱, 𝗧𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗣𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲

Chloe knocked on Mark's apartment door. He answered a few moments later. "Chlo?"

"Is Lexie here?" Chloe asked as she looked to him. She knew she didn't want the conversation if Lexie was there.

"No. She's in surgery.  Come in."

Chloe walked into the apartment. Mark took her hand and led her into the bedroom. She sighed. "I didn't come for that. I need to talk to you," she told him.

"I know. We're relaxing. What's wrong?" Mark asked as he looked to her.

"I'm pregnant. It's yours."

Chloe looked to him. "You have to say something. Words. Make words," she told him.

"Holy crap."

"Yep."

"A baby?"

Chloe nodded. "Growing like a weed in my uterus," she told him as she sighed.

Mark turned to her. He smiled. "Not like a weed. Like a mighty oak. We're gonna be great parents," he said.

Mark had no words whatsoever. Chloe was pregnant with his baby. But he had just gotten back with Lexie.

"Mark, you... you don't have to do..."

"Are you kidding? That's my kid in there. I'm a dad. We're parents... of a baby," Mark said.

"Okay. You're in?"

"Should we get married?" Mark asked as he looked to her.

Chloe shook her head. "Oh, no. No, I mean, I'm all for raising a baby with you. But, there's a line. Plus you can't hurt Lexie again," she told him.

Mark nodded. "You're right. That's good. Chlo. I wanna be there. But I can't hurt her again. Like you said," he said.

Chloe smiled and nodded. "I know. Don't worry. I don't expect anything from you," she said as she turned and walked out.

Knowing she had done the hard part. And that was telling Mark.

****

Ellie looked up as Chloe walked towards her. She smiled. "Hey. Are you okay?" She asked.

Chloe nodded. "Yeah. So, I'm kinda pregnant."

Ellie, who was about to take a sip of water spat it over her. Chloe wiped it off. Ellie looked to her in shock. "Oh my god. Who did it?" She asked.

"Mark. But you can't say anything. He needs to tell Lexie first," Chloe told her.

Ellie shook her head in disbelief. "Unbelievable. He knocks you up and his main priority is still Lexie. God I can't stand her," she said.

Chloe smiled. "Don't worry about it. I knew telling him he would focus on Lexie. I'm okay with that," she told her with a smile.

Ellie sighed and looked to her. "I'm going to be with you every step of the way. I promise. Every appointment, everything, I'm there. Have you told my mom?" She asked.

"She knows."

****

Chloe was in surgery with Webber. Everyone in the audience had their phones.

Webber looked to Cassie. "By injecting methylene blue, it's easier to identify the structures. What do you see doctor?" He asked.

"Gallbladder. Cystic duct. Common bile duct," Cassie told him.

"Yes. Misidentification of the anatomy... is the main cause of biliary tree injuries. Today we're trying this new technique... put those things away people. No texting in my OR. Save that for the drive home," Webber told them.