017, 𝗔 𝗕𝗮𝗱 𝗗𝗮𝘆

Chloe sat in bed and sighed. She knew how she had been feeling since Mark had told Lexie she could have a have a husband. She felt as though all that she had done to be there for him hadn't been appreciated.

She felt used. And she hated it. Chloe hated how Mark had gotten into her head again. But deep down, she still loved him. And she hated how Jackson was right. She loved Mark more than he loved her.

Chloe looked up as Ellie walked in. She frowned. "Wow. Are you okay? You look awful," she said.

"Oh thanks. No I'm okay. Just feeling unwell. Like my period is gonna attack soon," Ellie told her. She smiled. "Are you okay?"

Chloe shrugged and sighed. "I'm always okay. Mark told Lexie she could have a husband. And that freaking sucks. Because she wasn't there for him. I was? And he wants to marry her?"

Ellie smiled. "You're too good for him Chloe. You've always been too good for him," she said. She took her hand. "You don't have to worry. I'm here. And so is my mom."

Chloe sighed and smiled. Not realising how things were about to completely change.

****

Chloe saw Derek standing on the catwalk. She walked over to him. "Hi."

"Hey Chloe. Are you okay?" Derek asked as he looked to her. He knew all too well how much she had been through lately.

Chloe nodded. She smiled. "I'm okay. Moving on from everything that's happened," she told him. She knew how she was struggling with all that had happened. But she didn't want anyone to think she couldn't handle a heartbreak.

Derek looked to her. He held her close. "You're doing good Chlo. I'm proud of you," he said.

"Thanks. You make Ellie happy. She's lucky to have you," Chloe said. She sighed. "Ever feel like everything is about to change?"

Derek frowned. "What do you mean?"

Chloe smiled. "Nothing. Don't worry. Oh. I've been looking for my own apartment. Think it's time I moved out."

"Chlo you don't need to."

"It's time. I need to wise up and give you space with Ellie," Chloe said as she smiled. "Don't worry. I'm not going anywhere."

****

Arizona walked over to Chloe and smiled. "You paged?" She asked as she looked to her. She felt bad for all she had been through lately.

Mrs. Kendall, the patients mother spoke. "She's in a lot of pain."

Chloe nodded and smiled. "Okay. Uh, Ruby Kendall, age 9. Fever, tenderness over McBurney's point," she told her.

Arizona nodded and looked to Ruby. "All right, appendix. Let me check your belly," she said as she began examine the patients stomach.

"Ow."

"Oh, yeah. You have a very angry appendix," Arizona said as she looked to Ruby.

Mrs. Kendall frowned. "That's surgery? She needs surgery?" She asked. She was worried about her daughter.

Arizona nodded and smiled. "Yes, she does. But the good news is, It's the easiest surgery in the world. I mean, she's a baby surgeon and she could do it," she said as she pointed to Chloe.

Chloe's eyes widened. "What, you're gonna let me do it?" She asked. She didn't feel comfortable.

"You're going to let her do the surgery?"

Arizona shook her head and smiled. "Oh, no, no, no, no. No, of course not. I'm gonna do it. I'm kinda fabulous at it. And, ruby, you are gonna be outta here by tomorrow With a teeny, tiny little scar and a very good excuse to have your parents feed you ice cream Every night of the week. Dr Montgomery, admit her to peds and make sure she's comfortable while we get an O.R," she told her.