Chapter 9

Once our three day vacation was over, we were back to training. Byron wasn't around much for the training. He was spending a lot of his time with his grandmother. I didn't understand why they had to keep him busy so much.

"He's probably training to be the new King" Ezra snorted, we were on the ground stretching after a brutal workout. Vino and Drake had just left.

"Gah" I made a face. Ezra and Thomas looked at each other but they didn't say anything. I hadn't told them that we were dating, again. I already knew what their reactions were going to be.

"When do we start learning about the Ellers" Ezra suddenly had a mischievous grin on his face. "I want to start foreseeing the future" he started to laughing, falling on his back.

"Shut up" we smacked Ezra on the legs. Thomas gave me a mischievous grin, he tilted his head at the river. I gave him a small nod. We both took one hand and dragged him into the river. He picked me up and dunked me into the water. I grabbed a hold of Thomas and made him fall.

We emerged out of the river to find the Eller Chief and a solemn Byron. We immediately stopped laughing.

"You are late to your first lesson" Chief Anika eyes ran across us. It was the same gaze Byron gave us when he was annoyed.

"Sorry, we will go change and"

"No, you are late" Chief Anika turned to her grandson. Byron barely looked at us turning away.

Ezra, Thomas and I looked at each other with a grimace. We followed them to a small house. It was hot in the room, there was fire and the windows were closed.

I wished she would have allowed us to change. Ezra shook his head at Thomas and me. I glowered at him lifting my hand to swat him. I made the mistake of looking up, Byron and Chief Anika had the same stern frown on their face.

I smiled sheepishly and put my hands together.

"This is the oldest Prophet, who had kindly accepted to train you" Chief Anika introduced us to Janel, she reminded me of my grandmother. There weren't any wrinkles on her face and she was dressed elegantly. She wasn't dressed in robes but in casual clothing.

"Take a seat" she pointed at three couches. Chief Anika and Byron took a seat behind us. I wanted to look back at Byron but instead my eyes stayed on Janel.

"There are supplies in front of you, light a fire" she pointed at the two rocks in front of us. We each had a small hearth in front of us.

We picked up the rocks, and tried to start a fire. I kept striking them against each other unable to start one up.

Thomas let out an irritated sound because he couldn't start one either. The only one that seemed comfortable was Ezra. He had started a fire easily. His fire was flickering merrily. It was a light purple fire.

"How did you do that?" Thomas turned to him with annoyed face.

"Start a fire" Ezra laughed at us. Thomas and I glanced at each other quickly. He rolled his eyes and he was about to reach over to Thomas hearth.

Janel slapped his hands away.

"No, start your own" she pointed at us.

Ezra shrugged, and picked up the stones that were next to his hearth. Thomas and I managed to start a fire but it was different colors. Mine was a softy silvery color and Thomas had a bright orange-color fire.

I picked up my own stones and dropped them in the fire. It flickered and started to grow but it died down to a small fire.

I sighed heavily. Thomas met my eyes and shook his head. He looked so annoyed.