Chapter 20

I was rather nervous but excited at the same time as I got dressed. I put on the white dress my grandmother had sent me. It was a hip hugging lace dress with a white mermaid train at the bottom. All of my wounds had healed just like the Healer had said. I still had a few bruises here and there but they weren't too bad. The dress would cover them up.

Thomas and I were getting ready in Ezra's room. The boys were wearing black tuxes with red ties. I had red lipstick on, to match their ties. We had decided that our representing color would continue to be red. It hadn't changed for so many centuries. There was no reason to change it.

My hair was tied at my neck in a messy bun. I slipped into my heels and turned to the boys.

"Are you ready?" they were still trying to carefully comb their hair. Thomas had short cropped hair, so I didn't see a reason why he needed to make it look perfect. Ezra's hair was starting to get longer. He didn't want to cut it.

I fixed the boys ties and adjusted their jackets. They both looked handsome in their black tux.

"Lets see how many numbers I get tonight" Ezra glanced at himself in the mirror quickly.

Thomas and I shook our heads.

"Do you think they invited our parents?" Thomas asked. I couldn't help smiling at the idea. I hoped my grandmother would be present. Even though we hadn't thought much about celebrating our 19th birthday. It was a big deal. We were officially adults. In a few short months we would be Immortal Guardians. The thought was rather nerving yet thrilling.

I grasped both their arms as we headed for the main hall. The party had been put together for us by the Goblins. My grandmother had sent my dress. The boys had received their tuxes from their parents. We hadn't had any input in the party.

"Took you long enough" Henri smiled at us. "The party started an hour ago" he tapped his watch. I rolled my eyes.

"It is our party. We arrive when we want to" Ezra commented. Henri opened the double doors. There was a round of applause as we walked in. I couldn't help smiling at everybody. I recognized a few instructors from school. Dr. Nan and Dr. Langston were present. My favorite professor and his wife were also among the guests.

Many soldiers were also present much to my dismay. If they were invited it probably mean that Captain Langerson was here at the party as well.

"Happy birthday" they started to sing. Ezra was waving dramatically at everybody. He looked so thrilled. Thomas was nodding as we passed by to the table set up for dinner.

Guests took their seats, and dinner started.

"If they serve vegan food-" Ezra's voice trailed off. The waiters put a salad in front of us. "I quit" he sighed heavily.

He was right, I was getting tired of vegan-only meals. It was starting to get boring. I noticed that aside Henri was seated with Charlize. He met my eyes and smiled. He lifted his hand up. His eyes twitched to Charlize and I couldn't help smiling back at him. Good for him.

"Are there any single girls here?" Ezra asked, scanning the room. He suddenly waved his hand. He jumped to his feet. He ran over to his parents. Thomas parents were making their way over to our table.

"Congratulations" Mrs. Joel hugged me. Her blonde hair was pulled back into a ponytail. "I didn't know you were coming "Thomas hugged his parents.

"How could we miss your big day?" Mr. Joel hugged me tightly. Ezra made his way over with his parents. Chairs were pulled over, and they sat down with us.

I looked around the room hoping to see my grandmother. She wasn't present. I sat down with Ezra and Thomas's family. They were sharing stories of their summer.