Chapter 15

We would sleep for a few hours and then continue. We would be in Goblin territory by tomorrow afternoon. I couldn't talk to Ezra or Thomas because we were sharing rooms with Byron, Drake and Vino. I couldn't sleep mostly because I knew Ezra and Thomas weren't sleeping. I was laying in between them.

Within five hours, we left. I kept my eyes peeled. Ares had heard Taron's message and was flying around making sure we weren't being followed.

"Stop being weird" Thomas was close to me.

"Later" I mouthed to him.

As soon as we arrived we were given rooms to go rest and shower. I gratefully made my way to mine.

"How do you know that man from the tavern?" Thomas came in, banging the door open. Ezra closed it behind them.

I had just started a bathe. They hadn't even showered and they were questioning me.

"I am going to shower. Get out" I was tired. All I wanted was a warm bath so I could sleep.

I splashed water at Ezra. It would have to wait. I made my way to them.

"He is Prince Taron Devot"

Their jaws dropped.

"He is a Warlock Prince" I took a seat. I lifted my palm to them. "We made an alliance."

"Iris, what did you do?" Thomas jumped to his feet. I quickly recounted the story to them.

"Our plan is to help him get back his throne when we become full Guardians."

"He is a Warlock" Ezra started to pace around my room. "A Warlock, they like to kill us."
"He doesn't" I sighed heavily. My stomach let out a loud rumble. "Ares took care of the alliance" Heck, I might as well put some blame on Ares. I wasn't going down alone.

"You are going to taste great fried" Ezra threatened him. Ares puffed up glowering at us.

"He is going to keep me or well us informed of what is going on out there. We aren't getting any information from the Immortal Counsel or the Goblin Advisory Counsel. We don't know how serious it is. In a year when we are done with training, we are going to help him take back his throne. We don't' have to go to war with the Warlocks, he can help stop that. He promised me more members to help with our problems."

"Iris you just made a deal with a Warlock. We don't trust them" Thomas shook his shaggy head at me. "Throne for a Throne. What if he tells someone who we are?"

"Ares took care of that, if he dares utter the word Guardian to anybody else. He is dead." I shrugged at him. "Besides, he needs us. We need help against Charles and the Duke."

Ezra scratched his head.

"We have to meet him. I have to see him for myself." Ezra replied. "I'm an excellent judge of character."

"What am I?" I scoffed at him. "I used your gift to make sure he wasn't lying."

"No, we have to see it for ourselves" Thomas agreed with Ezra. "If he isn't what he showed himself to be, we are breaking that alliance." Thomas warned me. I rolled my eyes at both of them.

"We will spend the remaining of our time here." Byron told us the next morning. We were having breakfast together. "We will get back to campus with Jude"

Henri didn't reply instead he rolled his eyes. He kept eating in his breakfast. Henri had shaved, and he had cut his hair. He looked like his old self again. There were deep worry lines on his face though.

"What do you have planned for us?" Ezra asked with a mouthful.

"My Uncle wants to meet you all since he didn't get a chance to meet you personally when he gave you your weapons. After that I think he mentioned something about learning how to forge armory but I'm not entirely sure."