The Merchants from the Depths | 063 |

──❝The Merchants from the Depths❞──

────────────────────

The minute [Y/n], Yuu and Jack entered the mirror chamber, a surreal sight unfolded before their eyes. The room was filled with a shimmering array of mirrors, each reflecting a different version of reality. The air was thick with anticipation, as if an invisible electric current ran through the chamber. As they navigated their path through the crowd, a sense of caution guiding their steps, they couldn't overlook the sheer panic etched onto the faces of fellow students entering the Octaville Dormitory, each expression mirroring a profound mix of urgency and compelled force. The room echoed with a cacophony of panicked voices, each tone contributing to an atmosphere thick with an enigmatic blend of mystery and unrelenting uncertainty.

"Oh, it's the Hall of Mirrors... The place that leads to every dorm." Jack's exclamation burst forth, his eyes widening in astonishment as he beheld the queue of students stretching before him, the sight evoking a genuine sense of surprise. "I was so sure I'd make the top fifty!" A Heartslabyul student muttered in disappointment, his teeth clenching in agony as the sea anemone forcibly pulled at him, causing visible distress and discomfort. "Blast it all, I've been had! That cheating cephalo-punk!" spat a Savanaclaw student, canines bared in frustration. "My school life is doomed now. Doooomed!" exclaimed a Scarabia student. 

"Huh? It's not just the three stooges... There are other students here with sea anemones coming outta their heads." Jack's index finger extended, aiming towards the focal point of his astonishment, his jaw slowly descending in a gradual slackening motion, registering incredulous disbelief that painted a vivid portrait of his astonishment. "I'm seeing some sophomores and juniors in here, too." Yuu nodded in agreement, eyes narrowing with thought. "They're all moaning about their test placement..." he added, his voice trailing off as he observed the sea anemone-headed students. 

[Y/n] tilted her neck to the side, her fingers delicately grazing her chin in a pensive gesture. Her inquisitive eyes sparkled with the glint of contemplation, tracing the unusual sequence of events. A moment of epiphany struck her as she observed the collective movement of students, all converging toward the mirror that served as the gateway to the enigmatic Octavinelle Dormitory. The mirrors themselves were resplendent, standing tall and flawless, seemingly beckoning the wandering souls to journey through their surfaces. "They all seem to be going through the mirror leading to Octavinella Dorm. I wonder what could be drawing them in," she murmured to herself, curiosity piqued. Her eyes narrowed, and a web of tension formed between her brows. 

"Let's head over and see what's up," coaxed Jack with unbridled purpose. With trepidation, [Y/n] Yuu and Jack finally mustered the courage to step forward and cross the threshold. As soon as they passed through the mirror, an ethereal glow surrounded them, bathing them in a soft, warm light. The world around them transformed into a surreal dreamscape, where reality seemed to bend and twist. They felt weightless, as if gravity had loosened its grip, causing a beautiful protective bubble to form around them. For Jack and Yuu, the experience felt otherworldly, an oddity tugging at the fringes of their reality. However, for [Y/n], it held no novelty—this was a routine she had traversed countless times, an experience etched into the fabric of her mind.