Chapter 3

Four days later, Kaali and Veera talking in front of the wine shop. After a while, 

Kaali- "silvandu inga vanthiruku"

Veera- "papa va? vaipe illa..."

Kaali- "vanthirukku... sandaya arambi illaina ava maatippa"

Veera poured some water on the floor. A drunkard man slipped and fell on the other man. Using that chance, Veera slapped that man. A big fight started between the both and a crowd assembled there. 

Veera and Kaali didn't mingled in the crowd. They were standing away and watching it. They decided to leave and on their way, they saw Durga keenly checking the environment and ran away in a swift speed. Kaali and Veera looked at each other. 

Kaali- "un peepa ku saraaya kadaila enna vela?"

Veera- " thappa pesatha mapla. Ethavathu karanam irukum "

Kaali raised his eyebrows and looked at him, "ava thavanila ethayao maraichu eduthutu pora.."

Veera - "nee epo patha?"

Kaali- "ipo thane da oduna nama munnadi"

Veera- "ava oduna vegathuku, enala odurathu ava thaan matum thane da paka mudinchathu.. "

Kaali- "kudikari annana daa nee... itha kooda pakala.."

Veera- "dei papa va apadi solatha.. "

Kaali- "amama papa thaan.  pavam paal dabba la paal theenthu pochunu saraayakadaiku vanthu eduthutu pora..", he mocked.. Veera glared.

 Veera glared

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, Durga's grandmother died. She is the one who controlled the whole village before. Villagers felt a relief but they didn't expressed that fearing for Muthupandi. 

The news got spread all over. Everyone came and cried. But Durga didn't drop a single tear. She is just staring at the dead body. Muthupandi broke down due to the news. He never expect this will happen so soon. Muthupandi was rooted on his standing place. He felt like his biggest strength is gone. He is controlling his tears. Velan is taking care of all the arrangements for the last rituals. Saravanan drunk alcohol on that day too.