Chapter 4 - Music & art

Calum's Point of View
-3 weeks later-

Sitting backstage with the boys, at least with two out of three. Don't really know where Ash is right now haha. We're in Sweden right now, it's beautiful here! The tour has been awesome so far. Miss and love you! :) I watched as the text message flew through cyberspace and my phone sent it away to Ivy. I know that she's probably sleeping right now or will just be waking up but I like to send her text messages about simple things during the tour. And she have also told me that she really like to read my text messages when she wakes up in the mornings.

I always knew this would work and we would keep in touch. Yeah, it has only been three weeks but so far one single day hasen't gone by without us texting or calling each other. Or, I think there was one day that I forgot to call her, but she texted me instead so everything worked out just fine. It's quite stressful for me with the tour, promotion and stuff, but also for Ivy with school. She studies an art programme and I couldn't be more proud of her, following in her father's footsteps which I know means really much to her. But we work it out either way and still keep in contact.

I can't stop counting down the days until I'll come home and get to see her again, my sunshine. But I also don't ever want the tour to end. This is what I've dreamt of for so long and I love every minute I get to stand on that stage and pour my heart out in every song.

"Where is Ashton?" I looked around the room while After Midnight by Blink 182 was playing in the background.

"I don't know, but he have to come soon or he'll miss the concert." Luke put away his phone in his jeans pocket.

Michael jumped up from the sofa he and Luke sat in. "We should hide!"

I laughed. "You're like a little child Mikey."

Michael made a grimace towards me. "Well I don't need your help to hide, I can do it myself."

I stood up. "I didn't say that I wasn't going to hide too, I just said that you were a child."

Luke laughed. "Who is the child now huh?"

"Come on Luke, you know you want to." Michael said and we both laughed when Luke sighed and also stood up from the sofa.

After a few short minutes in hiding the door to our lounge opened and we all jumped out to scare Ashton. Only, it wasn't Ashton who had opened the door.

"What are you doing?" Our tour manager said and looked from me to Michael to Luke with confusion in his eyes. "And where's Ashton?"

"I'm here!" Ashton stuck his head through the door. "Sorry, I just watched Hey Violet when they played."

Luke, Michael and I let out the exact same irritating noise. "You're so boring Ash! We never get to scare you." I said but Ashton just smiled and we all started laughing.

"We need to move to the stage, you're up." Our manager interrupted our laughing and we all hurried out the door.

Once again I get the chance to play our music on a big stage in front of our loving and supportive fans, while at home I have an amazing girlfriend. I'm the luckiest guy in the world, was the last thing I thought before I walked up on stage, hearing our fans scream.

---------------------------------------------

Ivy's Point of View

My alarm clock rang loud and clear beside me and I slowly opened my eyes while shutting it off.

Monday. One more monday without Calum, but I'm surprised. Okay not surprised, I'm glad. Glad that we still talk and text so much to each other. If Calum was here now I think he would say "I told you so." And smile very big and silly at me because he was right about our whole "bond that never will be broken" thing. But once again, I have a way of often thinking negative about personal stuff.

I sat up in my bed and picked up my phone. I wasn't surprised when it told me that I had a text from Calum. The text said - Sitting backstage with the boys, at least with two out of three. Don't really know where Ash is right now haha. We're in Sweden right now, it's beautiful here! The tour has been awesome so far. Miss and love you! :)

It's weird how just a few words sent from another phone makes me all warm and fuzzy.

I quickly replied, even though I hadn't much to reply about - Good morning from - I stood up to look out my window - a slightly rainy Sydney, but hey, I like the summer rain! ;) Wish you were here with me then we could have our own rain scene haha. I'm soon off to school. Love you! I hit sent and pulled out some drawers so I could put on some clothes.

-----------------------------------------

I parked my mom's car outside of school, turned of the engine and walked towards the big brick building. Actually you could say that the car was basically mine because my mom never drives, probably because she's never sober enough to drive. I quickened my steps through the hallway and soon walked into the art studio, my first and favourite class.

Once the art lesson went to it's end our teacher handed out papers with our weekly assignment. But I didn't get one. I was the only one of all people in class who didn't get a paper with our weekly assignment. I raised my hand when our teacher Ms Palmer walked back to the front of the room.

"Excuse me, Ms Palmer? I didn't get the assignment."

Ms Palmer turned around. "Oh, I was going to talk to you about that."

The bell rang and all the students hurried out of class while I slowly walked up to Ms Palmer. What was this about? Had I done something wrong?

Ms Palmer smiled at me. "You know that once a year we let one student put together their own art exhibition."

I just nodded.

"Well, I have talked to some of the other teachers and the principal, and we all have agreed that this years student to do this should be you."

"Oh my god! Ms Palmer, this is such an honor. I will not let you down!" I was overjoyed. The school usually invite people within art, both famous and not famous to see the art exhibition. This is my chance to be seen.

"I know you wont." Ms Palmer started gathering up her things. "Maybe you know the rules already but I'll tell you anyways. The school gives you a room here on our premises were you will exhibit your works, but the school will not help you with putting up your works. We will open your exhibition the 11th of May and by then everything have to be set up and ready. It's almost two months left. Do you think you can do that?"

I probably looked stupid the way I was standing, nodding and grinning like a fool. "Of course I can."

"Good. Then I'll see you on Thursday."

"Bye." I walked out of the classroom and was really close to start jumping around in happiness. My own art exhibition. Wow....

------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

Haha I just had to throw in Sweden there because that's where I live! ;D
THANK YOU ALL FOR READING! And don't forget to vote or comment something nice if you like what I'm writing xoxo