Chapter 7 - Time flies

Calum's Point of View

I remember the other day when we talked on the phone and I had such bad signal, I could barely hear what Ivy said, but it wasn't much to hear either. We had so little to talk about and I don't even know why. She sounded so far away, like she was thinking about other stuff.

I have tried not to bother her too much because I know she has a lot going on right now with her art exhibition and I know that it means a lot to her. But at least she could answer my texts sometimes. I mean how long does it take to type a few sentences? Not long. It almost made me a bit angry. But I still miss her so much.

I wonder if she thinks about me as much as I think of her.

------------------------------------------

Ivy's Point of View

I woke up and I went to school. I didn't have so much to do in school now because of my big art exhibition. When I should have been in my art class doing the weekly assignments as the rest of my class, Ms Palmer instead gave me permission to go outside the school's doors and work on things for my exhibition.

I love being outside and draw for my art projects. If I have found something really inspiring to draw, I can sit outside for hours even though the rain is pouring down.

Once when I was outside, working on my art exhibition instead of being in my art class, the rain suddenly started to pour down. So I sat down on a bench close to the school entrance. It was so close to the entrance that the roof covered the bench, perfect for a rainy day. I sat down and made a drawing of a bird that played in a puddle just a few feet away from me. I think it's one of the most beautiful drawings I've ever made.

And one weekend, I found myself at a plane that flew to Perth. I visited Evelyn. On that Saturday evening, a storm hit Perth and I got an awesome picture of a lightning bolt. I think most of my pictures and drawings says it all, nature is beautiful.

As the time past, I just got more and more excited about my upcoming art exhibition. But it also just went longer and longer between Calum's text messages and phone calls. Yeah, it is very hard for us to keep in touch when the different timezones only takes him furhter and further away from me and sure, I haven't answered his phone calls or text messages so much these last couple of weeks but I have had so much on my mind that I've barely had any time to do so. I've barely had any time to think about him at all. It feels like I'm slowly forgetting Calum and it kills me a little bit inside. How can I stop thinking about Calum, the love of my life and not be more sad about it. No wait, how the hell can I even stop thinking about him at all...

Without me even realizing it, one month has gone by. I haven't texted Calum in two weeks. I remember the last time we talked on the phone, it was three and a half week ago. Their UK leg of the tour had just started and Calum and the band had landed in Dublin. They were in a car on their way from the airport to the arena or something like that. It was very late here in Sydney I remember. We didn't have so much to talk about, it was quite awkward actually. And the signal was so bad, I could barely hear him. Now when I think about it, it just feels like we were wasting our time talking on that stupid broken line. But either way, I remember that I fell asleep that night with tears running down my cheeks.

The worst of all is that he now has been gone for one month, three weeks and two days, and my heart dosen't hurt anymore. I do not lay awake at night anymore, missing his gentle touch or his soft lips or even his beautiful tattoos. It's almost like if I don't care anymore, whether he is gone or not. I guess our bond was just a lie.

---------------------------------------

Author's note:

This is kind of sad, sob sob... I don't know if I should call this a filler chapter or not, I guess not because it was important. I know the last chapters have been quite boring but don't worry, things will start happening soon! ;) And I know this became short, I'm not the best at writing long chapters :P

THANK YOU ALL FOR READING YOU ARE RAD! (lol I don't use that word often) Don't forget to vote or comment something nice if you like what I'm writing! xoxo