twenty-four

Sage groaned when the topic of Seattle was brought up at dinner, She tossed her bottle lid at Sam, a soft pout on her face. "Boo, whore. Its bonding time not re-murder planning time."

Everyone but Sam snorted, muttering in agreement, causing the older boy the look around with faux betrayal. "I hate you guys."

"But we love you Samantha!" The boy threw the bottle cap back at her. Sage laughed lightly before turning back to her food. " Did any of you remember to turn in that essay or am I doing that alone?"

"I dont think any of us have." Embry looked around at the shaking head. "No we'll all annoy Peterson together tomorrow."

Sage nodded and listened as everyone dove into their conversation subsections, turning towards Kim. "Are we picking you up tomorrow or are you going in alone?"

"Go ahead and pick me up, I already know I won't want to drive, or walk." Sage just nodded and picked up on pieces of everyone's conversations.  Only to perk up as Sam mentioned a playoff party invite with the Blacks, Swans, and Clearwaters.

"I hate football."

"Football hates you too." Sage glared at Sam as Emily watched the two amused.

"I hope it does." Dinner ended shortly after her comment, Jared and Kim were quick to filter out the house making claims of busy mornings. Sage snorted when the words left Jareds mouth, sharing a knowing look with Embry, who left shortly after the couple. Sage and Emily quickly cleaned the kitchen before settling onto the couch watching as the boys fought over a movie.

"Paul, I let you you sleep here, knowing you're dating my sister." Sage and Emily laughed as Paul raised his hands backing up towards the couch before sitting beside Sage.

"You win, captain." Sam smirked as he put his movie of choice in the dvd player, Emily and Sage groaning when they saw what he'd picked.

"Sam, seriously. We watch this almost every time its your turn to pick." The two siblings shared narrowed eyes, refusing to break eye contact.

"You aren't much better."

"I pick cinematic masterpieces, not my fault you don't have taste."

"The land before time is not a cinematic masterpiece." Sages jaw dropped in offense.

"I've seen you cry to it before, any film that evokes emotion is a masterpiece."

"step brothers is a masterpiece!"

"Sam, i've never once laughed watching this movie." The older boy looked at the two bystanders and sighed standing back up when he noticed he was out numbered. Sage grinned triumphantly and laid her head on Paul's shoulder and she pulled a blanket onto the two.

The next day, everyone found themselves at the beach, Leah only tagging along because of Seth's insistence. Sage, Kim, Adler, and Emily watched as the boys played football, the Uley girl unable to register what was going on. Adler eventually gave up on watching and turned towards her book, as Kim and Emily kept attempting to catch the girl up. Eventually the boys took a break, and Paul smiled as he sat beside Sage, his arm wrapping around her shoulder as he pulled her closer to him.

"Dude you smell like ass." Sage smiled lightly as she pulled his arm off her, gently pushing him away.

"I smell like sweat."

"Also known as ass."

"You know you're quite mean to me."

"Please, compared to Embry and Jared? You have it easy." Sage smiled at the boy before her eyes locked on Jacob's. "Ill be back."