thirty-nine

SAGE HAD ALL BUT dragged Emily out of the house the next morning, and the girls were now walking the streets of Port Angeles. Their arms were linked as they looked into different store windows, debating if they'd find anything good in each store and pointing out things they loved— that were way out of their price range.

"So what kind of outfit are you thinking?" Sage momentarily paused, thinking over Emilys question.

"As much as I'd love to show up in a suit, I'm probably gonna stick to a dress. Maybe a plum shade?" Emily just nodded and pulled the girl into the store, immediately scanning the racks. After they both tried on a few dresses, turning the day into a fashion show, they stumbled out the store laughing as Sage held her bag.

They walked a little further become the laughter died back down, and Sage released a light sigh. "Now for shoes, unless you have some you think would work?"

Emily nodded lightly, scanning the crowded walkway. "I should have some. You wanna get some new jewelry to wear with it?"

Sage nodded eagerly, she never turned down accessories. They continued walking, talking vividly about Emily's approaching wedding and the school year starting tomorrow. They ended their outing in a small restaurant, inspecting the menu and discussing each meal they considered. As usual the two girls ended up ordering the most basic thing on the menu, and Sage quickly turned to people watching.

The two girls stumbled through the front door in a fit of laughter, leaning into each other as a reflex. The boys looked towards them from their scattered placements, brows furrowed in confusion as Emily and Sage refused to look at each other. "I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you two had fun?"

Sage looked over at Sam, attempting to hid her laughter as her mouth began forming words. "We've come to the conclusion that we hate you and we shall be running off to get married in a months time."

Sam narrowed his eyes at his little sister, letting out a sarcastic, yet playful laugh before returning to inspecting one of Emily's easier recipes. Sage dropped her bags in the living room and quickly sat on the couch, resting her sock covered feet on Seth's lap and her head on Quil's shoulder. "What are you losers doing?"

"Quil's refusing to watch Hannah Montana with me." Sage gasped dramatically and lifted her head up, looking at Quil.

"Dude! that's classified as illegal!"

"Not watching Hannah Montana?"

"Saying no to Seth." Sage grabbed the remote off the coffee table and turned on the first episode. Before dragging her bags up to her room.

She set the bags on her bed and furrowed her brows, debating on where she'd set all the wedding stuff to keep it safe. She let out a huff before looking in her closet and dresser, putting away the everyday clothes she'd purchased before hanging the dress on her closet door. The jewelry stayed in its box, stacked on her vanity. As she set the empty bags on the floor she smiled and laid on the end of her bed.

She watched her ceiling fan spin in circles and her eyes grew heavy until they eventually shut.

WILLOW SPEAKS!!

short but i'm also hitting a little writers block bc theres like no storyline for the first few chapters (plus i've just been a little unmotivated lately)

My sims hyperfixation is back!! and i'm getting a urge to create Sage in each book with an evolution of her style / traits.