Chapter 4

Hailees pov:
Wednesday 6th of May

"Look who finally decided to show up." My manager, Stella, sarcastically says as I enter her office. I roll my eyes at her sarcasm.

"I'm sorry I'm late." I say, sitting down in a chair across from her and taking a sip of my coffee.

"Why is your shirt dirty?"

"Someone spilled coffee on it-"

"Great." She cuts me off. "How great. Now all the paparazzi are gonna have pictures with you wearing a dirty shirt, and it doesn't help the fact that Cam-"

"Stella." I cut her off, leaning forward on the table. "You're here to help me not fucking judge me."

"Right. Sorry." She apologises taking a deep breath. "It's a lot Hailee."

"I know. I read some articles." I sigh, placing my coffee down.

"It's ruining your reputation, and I have no idea how to defend you cus I don't know if you cheated on him or not or-"

"I didn't cheat on him." I cut her off calmly.

"Hailee-"

"I didn't fucking cheat on him." I cut her off again, less clamly now.

"But we-"

"That was after I broke it off with him." I say, meeting her eyes as she takes off her glasses. "Whatever happened between me and you, happened after I broke up with Cameron."

"Okay, good." She sighs in relief, rubbing her temple. "I am still confused with how your whole break up played out."

"I saw pictures of him with another girl, went home broke up with him, there was a huge fight." I pause. "And-then I got drunk and ended up-"

"-at my house." Stella finishes my sentence.

"Yeah." I nod. "Cameron found out about us and is now saying I cheated, but I never did. He's twisting the whole story." I stand up, as I get angrier. "And he's playing the fucking victim when he isn't! And my career is going downhill cus of him-I-I worked so hard for everything and one man can take it all fucking away by lying!"

The anger in my veins takes over me and without much thinking my fist goes towards the wall. Before I can hit the wall Stella stands infront of me grabbing my fist. "Let's not break our wrist today. Yeah?" She says, with a smile on her face. I nod.

I look into her eyes, taking a deep breath and retracting my fist. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." She smiles, looking in my eyes. She leans in and so do I but before our lips could connect I remeber the y/h/c girl from earlier, I remeber her mesmerising gaze and her sympathy and her smile. A smile so bright it could light up New York after dark.

"We can't." I pull away. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay." Stella awkwardly pulls away.

"I-I have to go." I say grabbing my coffee from the table.

"Okay."

"Bye Stella."

"Bye Hailee."