Chapter 5

Y/ns pov:
Wednesday 13th of May

My head is hung down as I make a coffee for a customer. Just as I'm about to finish the coffee my co-worker Fred taps my shoulder.

"Yeah?" I say looking up.

"Woman in the back specially requested you to be her waitress." He says, motioning to the woman. I look in the direction seeing Hailee slumped down on one of the chair. In front of her is an open laptop and next to the laptop is her phone. She's wearing a plain black hoodie with some jeans, on her head is a hat to help her hide her identity.

"Can you finish this coffee?" I ask and he nods taking the coffee from my hands. "It's just a plain black one."

"Alright." Fred says.

I grab one of the cleaner aprons from the counter along with a notepad and a pen. In one quick motion I tie the apron around my waist. A smile appears on my face as I approach her.

"Hi." She says with a smile as she notices me come closer.

"Hi." I smile. "What can I get you today?"

"A capuccino please." She says.

"Oh, you liked my recommendation?" I tease, scribbling down her order.

"I loved it." Hailee smiles. "You have any other recommendations?"

"Our almond croissants are pretty tasty and they go with the capuccino." I recommend.

"I'll have one then." She smiles.

"Okay," I scribble the order down. "anything else?"

"That's all. Thank you." She says.

"Alright, it's coming right up." I smile, slipping the notepad and the pen in the pocket of my apron as I walk away.

"Ooo she's smiling again." Isabella teases as I come behind the counter.

"Shut up." I roll my eyes.

"Is it Steinfeld again?" She asks.

"Do your work Izzy." I say, while making Hailees coffee.

"It is Hailee." She teases. "She probably likes you."

"Sureeee." I sarcastically reply.

"Oh, come on Y/n she's been coming here for the past week and only ever asks for you." Izzy points out as I put a lid on the coffee cup.

"That doesn't have to mean anything." I say.

"Yeah, but it probably does." She says, handing me the croissant on a plate.

"Thanks." I thank her placing the plate on a try along with the coffee. "I'm not getting my hopes up Izzy." I tell her as I take the receipt and walk towards Hailee, not leaving any time for Izzy to answer.

"One croissant," I say placing it down. "one capuccino and the receipt." I smile as I place the items down.

"Thank you so much." Hailee smiles. "Did you put two sugars in the coffee?"

"Yeah." I nod.

"Thank you." Hailee says.

"Of course." I smile. "If you need anything else just call me over."

"I will, thanks." I nod at her words and start walking to the counter. As I'm walking I bumb into a taller figure.

"Shit-I'm sorry." I mumble.

Why do I keep bumbing into people?

"It's okay. You're just who I'm looking for." My whole body freezes as I recgonise the musculine voice. And sure enough when I look up piercing blue eyes meet mine. His lips curl into a smirk as he takes in my fear.

"J-Jake get out." I sternly say making eye contact with Fred who's behind him. He recgonises the worry in my eyes and immediately walks over to my side.

"Already calling for backup? Oh Y/n/n so weak." He chuckles his hand reaching out to touch me. Fred grabs his wrist. "Yeah mate you should get out." Fred warns as Jake pulls his wrist back.

"Just wanted to say hi." He says. "And I wanna see my daughter."

"You're not seeing her Jake." I say, anger rising quickly.

"She's my daughter Y/n."

"I don't give a fuck! You aren't seeing her." I raise my voice a little bit grabbing the attention of nearby customers.

"I can see my daughter Y/n and no matter how far you run I will always find you." He says through gritted teeth as he staps forward towering over me. My heart starts beating faster as tears build in my eyes. Fred puts a hand on Jakes chest stopping him from going any further.

"Get out before I call the cops." Fred warns gently pushing me behind him so he can face Jake directly.

"This isn't over Y/n." Jake says before leaving the shop in anger.

"Hey, hey you okay?" I feel Izzy's hand on my arm.

"I-I don-I-" I stutter, trying to find the words but instead my eyes speak for me as tears start spilling.

"Shh, it's okay. I'm here." Izzy wraps her arms around me as her and Fred lead me to the back entrance. Once we are out of customer sight Izzy holds me tightly against her as I cry.

Jake is the last person I wanted to see today. When I saw those blue eyes numerous memories came back and most of them were not good. My body completely froze from the shock and I don't even know what I would've done if Fred wasn't there. Jake wouldn't have done anything physical he's way too smart for that.

However his words cut deep enough before, and now just one interaction can have me shaking and crying in my coworkers arms at the back of a coffee shop.