Chapter 13

Y/n's pov:
Saturday 24th of May

I hold my daughters hand as we navigate the busy, bustling New York. We are currently on our way to meet Hailee.

The park Hailee choose is pretty secluded and considering she is famous I don't blame her for choosing this place. I don't want paparazzi swarming us.

As we approach the playground I see Hailee sitting down on one of the benches with a phone in her hand. We get closer to her and she finally looks up from her phone a huge smile on her face as she stands up.

"Hey Haiz." I smile, bringing her in for a short hug.

"Hey." She smiles.

I feel Jade tugging on my hand and when I look down, I see her eyeing Hailee in confusion.

"Hey, sunshine." Hailee says, kneeling down to eye level with my daughter. "I'm Hailee. What's your name?"

"Jade." She says, smiling.

"That's a beautiful name." Hailee compliments. "Look I have something for you." She reaches in her pocket pulling out some chocolates.

"Yay!" The little girl exclaims raking the chocolates from Hailee's hand.

"What do we say Jade?" I say, looking down at her. She meets my eyes and immediately remembers before turning back to Hailee.

"Thank you." She mumbles.

"Of course." Hailee smiles, standing back up.

"Okay Jade we'll save the chocolates for later and you can go play. How does that sound?" I say, bending down slightly. My daughter nods handing me the chocolates before running off onto the playground which is only a couple of meters from where Hailee and I are standing.

"You didn't have to get her anything." I mumble to Hailee as we sit down and I put the chocolates away in a small bag I brought.

"I know but I wanted to." Hailee shrugs. I nod at her as our eyes meet, and instant smile tugging on my face. "How are you doing?"

"I'm good." I smile. "You?"

"Been a rough week, but seeing you made it ten times better." The brunette says, making a small, pink blush appear on my cheeks. "Are you blushinggggg?" She teasingly asks and I laugh shaking my head.

"What? Of course not." I lie.

"You totally are." She giggles.

"Okay, maybe just a little bit."

"Just a bit?" Hailee mocks.

"Yes, just a bit Steinfeld."

As the minutes go by Hailee and I talk about everything. Both of us are keep making each other laugh and the chemistry we share is absolutely immaculate.

During one of our conversations Jade runs up to me. "Mama!" She exclaims reaching my legs.

"Hey angel." I smile, turning my attention to the smaller girl. "What's up?"

She doesn't say anything instead hands me an envelope that I have no idea how she got. With confusion I take the envelope, and glance at Hailee who is just as confused as I am.

"Where did you get this from angel?" I ask, softly.

"Daddy." She says, maing my heart drop. "He is over there." She points behind her to a shadowed area where I see a silhouette of a man.

"Jade what did I say about going to daddy?" I say, a bit more sternly at the 5 year old.

"Sorry mama." She hangs her head down, mumbling. "He wanted me to give you that."

"Angel, it's okay, you just have to listen to mama next time. Okay?" I softly say to my daughter and she nods.

I glance over at Hailee as my hands tremble while holding the envelope. She immediately takes the hint and turns to Jade.

"You wanna play games on my phone?" She asks and Jade's face lights up as she nods enthusiastically. "Alright, come here." Hailee picks her up placing the smaller girl on her lap before taking out her phone and distracting the 5 year old.

I glance over to the shadowed area once more but the silhouette is gone. With trembling hands I open the envelope.

Taking a deep breathe I take out the contents of the envelope and my eyes widen, my heart picking up the pace.

Inside the envelope is a piece of paper with my address scribled down along with two pictires of Jade and I enterting our apartment.

Has he been stalking us?

A small note slips from behind the picture and I open reading words yhat send chills down my spine.

I'll get my daughter Y/n. One way or the other, and when I do I'll do to her every single thing I did to you. And you can't do anything about that. Don't even think about going to the police because I will kill her Y/n and I will make you watch every second of it.

I feel tears at the brim of my eyes as I frantically look around.

"Y/n, are you okay?" Hailee asks, placing a hand on my shoulder and I flinch a little bit.

"I-I no, I-don't know I-this." I try to form sentences but from the shock no coherent sentences come out. "Shit, I can't go home he knows he fucking knows." I say as it dawns on me I can't go back to my home.

"Who knows?" Hailee asks.

"Jake, Jake knows. He knows Hailee. Fucking hell what do I do?" I run a hand through my hair, breathing increasing.

"Hey, hey it's okay." Hailee softly says. "You can stay with me. Alright. Just calm down it's gonna be okay."

"No, no that's too much." I shake my head.

"It's not. I can help okay? Just explain to me what's going on when you're ready."

"I-"

"Y/n, I won't let you walk into danger. Do you understand?" She says, more sternly than before as I meet her eyes.

"Yes, okay fine." I give in.

"Mama, I'm tired." Jade yawns.

"Yeah we are going home angel, don't worry." I smile to my daughter and she nods, leaning back into Hailee's embrace.

"Let's go pretty girl." Hailee smiles at me as we stand from the park bench, Jade wrapped around Hailee as she carries her.

A/n: yk how I asked you yes or no? Well the question was should I bring Jake back and make him threaten Y/n and Jade? And you guys vote yes so you only have urself to blame for the shit that's abt to happen! Don't forget to comment and vote! Love you all! Byeeeee!