Chapter 22

Hailee's pov:
Monday 2nd of June

I run past Daylight my head frantically looking around to catch any sight of Y/n. People keep hitting my shoulders but I don't stop running the y/h/c girl the only thing that's on my mind.

Finally my eyes catch a glimpse of Y/n. She's leant against a wall her eyes filled with tears and her fists clenched. As soon as she sees me she lets tears fall and runs into my embrace.

I gladly greet her with open arms moving us to the side of the street as her body crumbles against mine as if it was a sand castle.

"Shh, I'm here, I'm here." I whisper soothingly rubbing her back.

"He has her Hailee, he has her." She says through broken sobs, her fists closing around the fabric of my t-shirt.

"We'll get her back." I say, feeling my anger bubble up as I notice two men with cameras across the street. "Fuck, fuck."

With a swift move I turn us around so my back faces the cameras, I keep Y/n's head down trying to shield her as best as I can.

"What are you doing?" She sniffles trying to get her head up but I keep it against me.

"There's paparazzi across the street baby, keep your head down." I explain, feeling her nod against me. "C'mon let's go."

I point to the street that is in front of us and the y/e/c eyed girl shields her face while going down that street, I follow behind her still trying to shield her.

"I-I have to go home or do something I do-I don't know-" her breathing becomes more erratic as she speaks.

"Hey, hey," I cut her off grabbing a hold of her hand and rubbing it softly. "We should go to the cops an-"

"No!" Y/n exclaims. "No cops, he'll kill her."

"Fine. Let's go home and we can figure this out when we get there."
---------------
Y/n sits on her couch staring off into space while I pace around the apartment. We have been in silence for the past 20 minutes neither of us knows what to say. I mean what do you say in a situation like this?

My heart breaks knowing Y/n is hurting and Jade has been taken. I love that kid like it's my own and I haven't known her for long but she deserves the world.

The silence gets broken when my phone rings, Y/n slightly flinched at the sound. "I'm sorry." I say pulling out my phone.

Stella.

"Who is it?" She asks.

"My manager." I sigh, pressing the decline button and sending her a quick text I'm busy.

"Why didn't you answer it?" Y/n asks her voice slightly shaky again.

"You're my first priority baby, whatever the fuck she wants can wait." I say, walking over to the couch and taking a seat next to Y/n. The younger girl looks at me with teary eyes as she offers me a shy smile.

"I don't know what to do Lee." She says her voice breaking as tears roll down her cheeks.

"We will get her back, I promise." I whisper enveloping her in my arms. She comfortably rests her head on my chest as I okay with her hair. "Do you know what he might want?"

"I do." She sniffles lifting herself up from my chest and looking in my eyes.

"Is it money? Cus I'll give you everything I have if it means we get-"

"Me." Y/n cuts me off. My eyebrows scrunch in confusion as I study the girls face. "He wants me." Realisation washes over me like a wave as I let out a sigh.

Of course he wants her Hailee.

"Jesus Christ." I release a sigh.

"Yeah." Y/n fidgets with her fingers. "Maybe-"

Her sentence gets cut off by the ringtone from her phone. Both of our heads snap at the coffee table where her phone is. We look at the phone and then at each other before Y/n leaps over my lap to get her phone.

"Who is it?"

"Unknown." She shakily responds pressing answer. "H-Hello?"

"Mama?!"
--------------
A/n: love yall!!!!! Don't forget to comment and vote! As always stay safe and take care of urself!

Also things r abt to get worse so stock up on tissues.

See ya! Byeeeeeeee!