Chapter 16

Hailee's pov:
Sunday 25th of May

Currently I'm in the back of a taxi, on my way to meet Stella. As I nervously bounce my leg I scroll through the numerous articles that surfaced overnight.

Hailee Steinfeld kissing a girl????
Hailee Steinfeld moving on so fast. And with a girl??
Who is the mysterious girl kissing The Hailee Steinfeld on the balcony??

With a sigh I lock my phone and drop it in my lap, my head leaning against the window as I look at the rainy city.

I've seen the pictures and thank God you can't see Y/n due to the camera angle and her hair which covered her face. You can make out that I was kissing a girl but that's about it. Which is good since it keeps Jade and Y/n safe.

I've been receiving some negative and some positive backlash because of all of this. Most of my fans were surprised due to me never being open about questioning my sexuality. Some of my fans are no longer my fans since they don't like the idea of me being queer.

Cameron for once has stayed quiet. No stories. No interviews. No Tiktoks. Nothing. For now at least.

Thoughts keep racing in my head and before I know it I'm slumped in an office chair with my arms crossed in front of my chest while Stella lectures me.

"I mean what were you even thinking Hailee?" She asks, and I sigh looking up at the ceiling.

"I wasn't thinking." I say, moving my head to look in her eyes now. "I don't think when I'm around her."

"Well that's a fucking problem, isn't it?" Stella scoffs. "Hailee you're making my job ten times more difficult then it's supposed to be."

"You're making my life ten times more difficult then it's supposed to be but hey I never complain." I spit, shrugging my shoulders.

"Oh, I make your life difficult?" She scoffs again and I nod. "Please enlighten me how."

"You're always bossing me around, always telling me how to act, what to do, what to say what not to say it's exhausting Stella. It's like I'm not me in the media and I fucking hate it." I say, increasing my voice just a tiny bit to add emphasis on how fed up I am.

"I'm your manager for fucks sake Hailee! That's what I'm supposed to do!" She exclaims, throwing her hands in the air.

"No Stella, you're supposed to get me interviews maybe boss me around a little bit but you think you can control me just cus' we slept together-"

"That has nothing to do with this Hailee." She cuts me off sternly.

"Sure it doesn't." I roll my eyes, feeling my phone buzz in my lap. I look down seeing Y/n's name across my screen.

Y/n:
Hey
I'm out with Jade at the store
Just so you know

I smile typing a quick response.

Me:
Okay pretty girl thanks for letting me know

"You can't date her Hailee."

"What?" I ask.

"You can't date whoever was on those pictures." She says.

"Why the fuck not?" I ask, anger rising in my senses.

"It will bury you even deeper than you already are. Dating a woman after Cameron will kill you publicly especially in such a shirt space of time." She carefully says, leaning forward on her table.

"I never wanted to date her anyway." I lie.

"Oh, really?" Stella sarcastically asks.

"It's none of your business who I date alright." I roll my eyes again in annoyance.

"It kind of is."

"Fuck off Stella." I say. "I'll date who I want. Women or men. And if you have a problem with that I might have to consider your employment."

"You don't mean that."

"Don't test me. It can get really ugly."
----------------
I unlock my hotel door, but this time I'm not met with silence as usual. This time I'm met with laughter coming from Y/n and her daughter as Y/n tickles her on the bed, the smaller girl stuck in a fit of laughter.

As the door opens Y/n snaps her head towards me a huge smile on her face.

"Angel, look who just came." She says to the child as Jade straightens up on the bed looking towards me her eyes lighting up.

"Lee!" She exclaims, jumping from the bed towards me.

"Hey sunshine." I smile crouching down and hugging the y/h/c girl.

"Where did you go?" She asks as we pull away.

"I went to get you this." I say, pulling a small teddy bear out of my bag. Jade's eyes widen, lighting up as well.

"Wow! Mama look." She takes the teddy bear from my hands, showing it to her mother.

"Wow that's so cool." Y/n says, looking down at us in admiration. "What do you say Jade?"

"Thank you." Jade says in a small voice.

"You're welcome sunshine." I smile ruffling her hair before standing up at Y/n's eye level. "Hi." I say.

"Hey." She responds, her lips tugging into a wide smile. "We need to talk about-" she pauses. "You know, yesterday."

"Mhm, I know." I nod.

"I'll put Jade down for a nap and we can talk." She says and I nod again.

"Sounds good."

A/n: i added dates at the top of the chapter so u guys can have a sense of time that passes between chapters. I just think that is really nice. Anyhow thank you for the support! Don't forget to comment and vote! Also if u have any recommendations for this book feel free to comment them!

Love you all until next time stay safe and take care of urself! Byeeeeeeee!